1966 with gear vendor

-
So more completed,
20210217_102427-jpg.jpg
New Trans tunnel getting there...
20210217_102442-jpg.jpg

16135880417208933431100997983701-jpg.jpg

Tacked up...

So, yes a Gear vendor overdrive will fit in an Early A. Just needs more then a few hammer blows. The rest is straight forward, will post more when it is going in, not till August.......:thumbsup: The Transmission for this car is in PA. Will pick it up at the Carlisle Mopar show in July...I hope...

68 should be easier
not really...
two basic ways to go on and A, mod the crossmember and lower the whole thing so you only need to beat on the floor, or cut the floor and hang it on the stock mount. the lower you hang the trans, the more work you'll probably need to redo the exhaust.
8.JPG

2 1/2" TTi crossover / GV heater before eliminating it
TTI crossover.JPG

you'll love it once you get it done

not really...
two basic ways to go on and A, mod the crossmember and lower the whole thing so you only need to beat on the floor, or cut the floor and hang it on the stock mount. the lower you hang the trans, the more work you'll probably need to redo the exhaust.
View attachment 1715692860

2 1/2" TTi crossover / GV heater before eliminating it
View attachment 1715692861

you'll love it once you get it done
NOT early. Will not go in unless you dropped the cross member 2 inches... Not practical IMO...And the pinion angle would be honked up, not to mention the fan getting close to the radiator...

Real nice, Tim. I do have a question though. Aren't you a "little" concerned about all that weight hangin off "back there" behind the factory cross member? It just seems like a lot of length with no support.

the GV isn't as heavy as it looks. keeping it bolted to the trans is part of the reason the adapter has such a large mounting ring

2.JPG

Well, got it all in, and running. BUT still have to figure out why it will not shift. Have not trouble shot it yet......
20210810_112017-jpg-jpg.jpg

20210810_194927-jpg.jpg

20210810_195143-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Real nice, Tim. I do have a question though. Aren't you a "little" concerned about all that weight hangin off "back there" behind the factory cross member? It just seems like a lot of length with no support.
I was, but was assured it was engineered to work and was behind thousands of engines. So.........who knows...

-
Back