1966 with gear vendor

-
The GV unit.....
when using the controller i assume? after the triple check of the wiring and install procedure (it has oil, right? :)), you can bypass the supplied wiring. it's pretty simple to run the basic wires needed to connect the solenoid through a couple of switches and lights to arm and engage it. with mine, the controller was bad. jumpered it out and called them. they sent me a new one right away.

when using the controller i assume? after the triple check of the wiring and install procedure (it has oil, right? :)), you can bypass the supplied wiring. it's pretty simple to run the basic wires needed to connect the solenoid through a couple of switches and lights to arm and engage it. with mine, the controller was bad. jumpered it out and called them. they sent me a new one right away.
No way to activate it. Turn on with foot switch. Red light lights. Green light is supposed to come on when it goes into overdrive. No green light, no shift. Auto or Manual mode, no shift.

No way to activate it. Turn on with foot switch. Red light lights. Green light is supposed to come on when it goes into overdrive. No green light, no shift. Auto or Manual mode, no shift.
sure you can. trouble shooting instructions should be wth the paper work. you can test the solenoid works by supplying 12v to one of it's connectors and grounding the other. if you do one side through a toggle switch inside the car, (tape everything up), connected to one wire from the solenoid and one wire to the power or ground lead (which ever side of the solenoid you chose), you will be able to test it while driving.

Last edited:
DSC01823.JPG

A little more, Still not shifting, replaced the controller, no go, replacing the speed sensor .. And replace the harness.....Thinking of just wiring it for full manual only....

The solenoids are bad to quit working on GV. I had one take a crap on me in our old Class C motorhomie! That particular GV was nothing but trouble. It was already in the motorhome when we bought it. I had another one that I installed in a D350 pickup, and later took it out and put it in a 71 Challenger. That one worked great. Knowing what I know now, I will use a 518 next time I want an older vehicle with an OD trans.

Been a while. Got everything worked out. Car drives real nice. 3.23 gears. 2.71 thru overdrive. 2k rpm at 65 mph. Nice. 300 miles since rebuild. Full manual shift. Cheeta valve body. No problem for me

Did you have to change your pinion angle ?
No. But, when I assembled my car, I turned over the front rear spring mounts, which changed the pinion angle. NOW I put them back to stock location and have not driven the car yet, so there is that....

I need a GV for my 52 Dodge. I bought a fresh 46RE however I have a saddle tank in the truck so theres no room for the 46RE. Ill need to sell the 46RE before getting a GV.

I need a GV for my 52 Dodge. I bought a fresh 46RE however I have a saddle tank in the truck so theres no room for the 46RE. Ill need to sell the 46RE before getting a GV.
I like it. Changes 323 gears to 271 gears. Big difference

-
Back