-
Status
Not open for further replies.

streetmachine

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Hello, I am selling a freshened 67 318 LA engine from a 67 Coronet that had a 727 behind it. The engine was rebuilt by a local NAPA shop from what I can tell you and I bought it from another Mopar guy. From what I was told it was rebuilt to stock specs. I was looking to use this in another project but, I have sold that project and I no longer have a use for the engine. It comes as shown from intake to pan. It does have the 273 casting heads on it that were used on 67 318 LA. I am looking for $250 and the engine is located in Indianapolis, IN. Thank you FABO.

Attachments

• 68CoronetJun222013 201.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 740
  • 68CoronetJun222013 202.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 770
  • 68CoronetJun222013 203.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 751
  • 68CoronetJun222013 204.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 724
Thank you fstfsh66. Like I said I bought it off another mopar person and sold the car that it was going in. From what I know it does have the forged steel crank and the rebuild was a backyard type rebuild from what I was told. Basically new rings and bearings and new gaskets. Heads have been reconditioned and can't remember if they got hardened seats. I imagine they did since the engine is a more recent rebuild. I pulled both valve covers and the engine is very clean inside. If anyone is wondering the head casting numbers are the "920" heads. I figure I would point this out.

Thank you fstfsh66. Like I said I bought it off another mopar person and sold the car that it was going in. From what I know it does have the forged steel crank and the rebuild was a backyard type rebuild from what I was told. Basically new rings and bearings and new gaskets. Heads have been reconditioned and can't remember if they got hardened seats. I imagine they did since the engine is a more recent rebuild. I pulled both valve covers and the engine is very clean inside. If anyone is wondering the head casting numbers are the "920" heads. I figure I would point this out.

"920" cast indicate 273. 1966-67 casting head . The "920"s were comonly found on 4 barrel cars in 66 and all 273's in 67. Highly desireable head with good flow potential.

I would consider but, I prefer local pickup. My apology for forgetting to mention that. Let me see on how much of a pain it would be and if I can get a good rate if I am able to do it. Thank you.

I did not know there was a 318 LA in 67 models. There was a 318 poly but not LA.
So would this engine have hydraulic lifters like the 68 318 LA ?
Are you sure its not all 273 ?
Good luck in any case.

I would consider but, I prefer local pickup. My apology for forgetting to mention that. Let me see on how much of a pain it would be and if I can get a good rate if I am able to do it. Thank you.
If you would consider shipping it put me second in line.
Sucks you are so far away.

If you need it borrow a truck and go get it its not that far, friday is coming, go for a drive.

I did not know there was a 318 LA in 67 models. There was a 318 poly but not LA.
So would this engine have hydraulic lifters like the 68 318 LA ?
Are you sure its not all 273 ?
Good luck in any case.

They did put some 318 LA engines out in 67. It was the first year.

They should be the same as a 68 318.

The last year for the poly was 66.

its a shame im not closer, theres a secret about a true 1967 318LA motor,,,,,,do your research,,,,

correct 1966 last year for the mighty poly series of engines

1967 was the begginning of the LA318,,,a pooor low compression boat anker,,,,,the poly is a way better performer,,,

I had a 67 coronet with 318 motor. In 1967 the had small chamber high compression heads, forged crank and floating rods.

I had a 67 coronet with 318 motor. In 1967 the had small chamber high compression heads, forged crank and floating rods.

ding ding ding u win the prize,,, arurora ?? i lived in west chicago for a while,,, hello neighbor , ,lol

Thanks for the interest guys. And just so people know this engine did come of out of a 67 Coronet ironically. I know some people asked for shipping and honestly, I'm going to estimate about $500 with these gas prices. Back in 2008 I paid $331 to have an 5.9 Magnum engine shipped from Sioux City, IA to Munice, IN and that's only because the guy shipped it from his business so they gave him a minor discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphemi

ding ding ding u win the prize,,, arurora ?? i lived in west chicago for a while,,, hello neighbor , ,lol

What are the casting numbers on these heads ?

bump for a smokin' deal on this motor ;)

Thanks for the interest guys. And just so people know this engine did come of out of a 67 Coronet ironically. I know some people asked for shipping and honestly, I'm going to estimate about $500 with these gas prices. Back in 2008 I paid $331 to have an 5.9 Magnum engine shipped from Sioux City, IA to Munice, IN and that's only because the guy shipped it from his business so they gave him a minor discount.

check with YRC freight (formerly Yellow Freight) they seem to be one of the cheaper freight shipping companies. I use them at my work a lot.

Also try Forward Air Freight. I shipped an engine to CA strapped to a pallet and it wasn't all that bad but you have to drop it off

...about 3rd or 4th to say it, but if you're willing to strap to a pallet and drop off at a terminal, the shipping on a 450lb small block would be about $350 or so for cross country. I know that's probably a buzz kill for most folks here, but if it's really a freshly overhauled longblock with the steel crank, might be worth someone's while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back