1967 383 Formula-s

-
Your car looks great, 1.2 miles in Dec must be nice, my car has been parked since Oct we got an early winter

Welded up the B pillar and got the door sticker installed and adjusted. Than gave her a bath to get a couple months of ugh washed off from sitting in the garage. Today I took her out for an extended road test!

Attachments

• IMG_3580 (1280x903).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_3581 (1280x834).jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_3582 (1280x835).jpg
    73 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_3583 (1280x829).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3584 (1280x853).jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_3585 (1280x853).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_3586 (1280x810).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_3587 (1280x853).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_3589 (1280x831).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_3590 (1280x846).jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 273
When I first saw your recent post, that bottom pic made me look twice, the reflection on the drivers side looked like a giant scrape down the side :banghead: yeah, nice weekend for a road trip.

hammer 50's and 60's and blue skies! You just cant ask for a better Oregon weekend in January!

When I first saw your recent post, that bottom pic made me look twice, the reflection on the drivers side looked like a giant scrape down the side :banghead: yeah, nice weekend for a road trip.

The strut rod bushings were toast and it was all over the place while driving.
With my shoulder all torn up I bartered a deal to have my buddy, a 27 year Mopar front end guy, re-bush upper/ lower control arms, strut rods and sway bar and replace the tie rods, idler and ball joints and align.

Sorry to hear bout the health woes John. Great ya got a buddy to fix the Mopar wobbles, hopefully some of the healing time will be spent driving the new addition, if the weather cooperates.

It's all good Steve. After a year of waiting I'll be getting surgery next month on the shoulder. Maybe then I can catch up on some sleep. It wears on you after a while only been getting a few hours a night.
The car should be done by the weekend. I can start logging some miles on her then.

Hi
Nice car, I have very near the same car! 383 auto S fastback 67.
I have the data tag under the hood but no build sheet. 4-26 date code on the tag.
881 blue/ dark blue int. As yours no sure grip (as per tag) I would like to get the punch card from Chrysler how do I go about getting it?
Your tag has one item incorrect (maybe?) All the tags I have seen have (bottom line)BH29 62 5 285 ### ##### The 285 on your tag is not there just partial. That code is for the tires I believe. As well, know one as been able to tell me what the 7 under the F code is for? seems they all have it. Looks like our cars came down the line close to each other. Mine is a Canadian order (top right under U-1 under W-6. The AX is interesting, no sure grip just 4 under the A nothing under the X (sure grip).
Great looking car!

Good eye it is incorrect. There a few things wrong with that fictional tag. I had just got the card and did it half asleep lol. It should read 285 which is tire code 28 (5) times 4 on the road and one in the trunk. There are several fender tag codes that all of the 67 383 Barracuda cars will have.

D-9 - Disc Brakes were mandatory on the 67 383 Barracuda's
F-7 - Formula-s Package was mandatory on the 67 383 Barracuda's
u-1 - special order - as all of these cars were special ordered.

If you look at the copy of my build card from Chrysler Historical it is based off a 80 column IBM punch card (order card). This card coincides with your broadcast sheet and the fender tag. They are created from it, as well as other things VIN tag for instance.
The 67 fender tags F and G lines are for the Accessory Groups. The lines 35 and 36 on the build card are the Acc. Groups. The Formula-S package (Accessory Group) is code 367 translated as build card column 36 with the 7 ticked. This will show up on the fender tag as F with a 7.

To get a copy of your build card go to: http://www.chryslergroupllc.com/company/Heritage/Pages/Historical-Services.aspx
On the right side is a list of services offered, but for build card specifically.

Follow the instructions.
http://www.chryslergroupllc.com/company/Heritage/Pages/Build-Records.aspx

Fill out the request form and a check for $45.00 USD with the ownership information required
[ame]http://www.chryslergroupllc.com/company/Heritage/Heritage%20Documents/Chrysler%20Historical%20Services/Build_Record_Order_Form.pdf[/ame]

In about 4 weeks you will receive the build card from them. Do get their decoding as it will include the selling dealer control number decoded if they have it. If you would like I will be happy to decode the rest of it for you for free.

-
Back