1967 Barracuda door window alignment

-

Bobacuda

Reaction score
The body guys that worked on my car either have the windows assembled wrong or they lost some hardware.

Currently, they have nothing holding the bottom of the vent side window channel in place, so the windows tilt to the rear. Neither can they figure out where the upper anti-rattle brackets.

The guys are using thevshop manual and the Barracuda supplement, but they can’t figure it out from the line drawings.

Does anyone have any photos of the window mechanisms and how the window channels are anchored at the bottom?

Frustrating. I missed getting the car in the local 4th of July parade due to this SNAFU.

I looked through the link without much success.

I have circled the areas in the attached line drawings where the problems seem to be. Photos of those areas and parts would be extremely helpful. Or maybe someone has a "factory assembly manual" with better line drawings than the shop manuals.
Thanks.

IMG_6603[1].JPG

The post that comes up through bottom of door goes into an added collar on the glass channel. A close look at the drawing will reveal the collar on roadside of channel but they may not mention the small piece of something (I forget what) inside that collar that isolates, prevents metal to metal rattle down inside the door. Good luck with it.

Sorry, I thought there might be good info in there.
Heres pics of some of what u need. If you have parts manual, Google the part #.
I looked through the link without much success.

I have circled the areas in the attached line drawings where the problems seem to be. Photos of those areas and parts would be extremely helpful. Or maybe someone has a "factory assembly manual" with better line drawings than the shop manuals.
Thanks.

View attachment 1716109539

20230702_173222.jpg

20230702_173239.jpg

20230702_173313.jpg

Good idea to check the assembly and parts manuals. I'll do that tommorrow. I'm not sure the assemblyt book includes those drawings.
My 67 drivers side has not been correct. Always drops leaving a bit of a gap at the rear top of the window when closed and haven't been able to figure it out.

Same here Matt, it's on the list lol
Good idea to check the assembly and parts manuals. I'll do that tommorrow. I'm not sure the assemblyt book includes those drawings.
My 67 drivers side has not been correct. Always drops leaving a bit of a gap at the rear top of the window when closed and haven't been able to figure it out.

20230702_223809.jpg

I sent this to the body guy. Hope it solves everything. Thanks again.

I sent this to the body guy. Hope it solves everything. Thanks again.
Hang in there , it took me about 3 months , off and on , to install the windows in my basket case (68 fastback) after painting, I didnt take them out to start with ,and didnt even know if all the pieces were there or where they went . ''service manuals with pics are your friend''...

the assembly and parts manuals.
Took a look while eating lunch.
Page 365 of the Faxon book of drawings
Will need to set aside time to puzzle that drawing out. Lots of revisions on it. The brackets in the door is shown in section 7 of Welding.

Would someone please post Page 365 (& the brackets in the door is shown in section 7 of Welding) from the Faxon book so I can try to get this sorted out?
Thanks in advance.
Bob

Sorry. Either never got a notice or got lost as I only was stopping in occassionally.

p. 365 is Window regulator. let me see what page I actually meant

pp. 394-5
1693674305188.png

1693674566104.png

C = 1967
B = Barracuda
23 = Hardtop

challenge is for example, circle W. The inset shows D. Not C. Was the '67 the original drawing, and the inset the change, or was the '67 detail pasted over? Have to look carefully at the drawing and all the drawing revision notes to unravel that sort of thing.

1693674970512.png

1693675087547.png

-
Back