1967 Barracuda Restoration

-

Chris67Cuda

67 Cuda
Reaction score
Finally getting around to start a thread with my restoration. Have not been doing much the past month with christmas and being in brazil for work (not all that bad :) ). So far I have the interior pretty much gutted, the engine and transmission out, and just received the floor pans and quarters earlier this week. The car is originally automatic and has 68 rear quarters so i am guessing its originally a 68 but the title says 69. In the end I am making it look like a 67.. Confusing I know...I want to make it look stock for the most part but will keep it for the rest of my life so not too worried. 340 block bored 60 over is in the basement and i have a 4 speed too :) here are a few pictures. this weekend is going to be spent with a grinder/wire wheel/sheet metal/por15/alot of elbow action sounds fun

Attachments

• towing cuda.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 292
  • cuda quarter hole.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 306
  • 340 and 727 removal.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 291
  • 4 speed.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 305
  • gutted floor.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 291
Just one word of caution. If you are using a vin and registration from
another car for this car it might be illegal. You might want to check
it out.

Tony

Looks like a 68 to me but would need to see a pic of the inside of the door to tell for sure. Like Tony said, be careful about swapping VIN data. Why would you bother? I am "converting" my 68 to a 67 by putting on the 67 rear lights and trunk lid (to match the lights) cause I want more brake light visiblity and hopefully not get hit from behind.

made a trunk extension...sheet metal is not my forte...but not too bad...actually fits like a glove!

Attachments

• trunk ext1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 212
  • trunk ext2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 236
  • trunk ext4.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 229
already checked :) i have a bunch of pictures of floor pans welded in and four speed hump with v-gate shifter ill be posting soon

got the floor pans done...does anyone have the size of a mr. gasket v-gate boot? I am going to order one but I want to get my hole roughed out. For now onto welding the trunk pans, extensions, and new quarters in......fun fun

Attachments

• floorpans1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 213
  • floorpans2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 196
-
Back