1967 Barracuda Top Relay Wiring

-

mopardude62

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm going to add relays to my convertible top like in the following attachment available on this site. (Thanks wjajr!) I would like to make this as much "plug & play" as I can.

Is someone parting out a 1967-69 convertible and would be willing to sell me the male and female connections (with a little extra wire on the ends) at the top motor in the trunk. There are just two wires on this connector and I think they are brown and yellow.

Attachments

• TopMotorRelay.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 872
No experience, here. Here's the diagram out of the 67 book. This was pretty much in the body section (23) and not electrical--section 8

Attachments

• vert.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 440
Switch wiring out of 69

Attachments

• 69switch.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 69wire.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 348
If you want to upgrade may as well do it right. Buy at least one modern sealing connector for the pump motor end.
The factory connectors are pitiful, plus this location is prone to exposure ( moisture and hydraulic oil should there be a leak ). Think about it... the factory connector with X length of wire only causes another connection of some type to your wire runs.

Go to most any self serve wrecking yard and look in the LeBaron or Sebring convertibles (really any convertible should have a similar connector) and grab the wiring and relays. Cheap and easy and no need to reinvent the wheel. I've already installed this setup in my son's Dart and have a spare set for my Barracuda.

Go to most any self serve wrecking yard and look in the LeBaron or Sebring convertibles (really any convertible should have a similar connector) and grab the wiring and relays. Cheap and easy and no need to reinvent the wheel. I've already installed this setup in my son's Dart and have a spare set for my Barracuda.
Thanks, I never thought of that!!!! Well thinking is pretty hard.............

-
Back