-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MOBodyman

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
Parts car only, no title. $750. I will include a dash frame, header panel, and front lower valance with it for this price. There is no hood. The front fenders, doors, and trunk lid are usable. Both doors have the glass in them. Has manual steering column and box. 7 1/4" rear. Right front floor has had a replacement panel put in it. Looks like a repaired spot in the corner of one of the rear floor pans. Trunk pan has some rust. The frame rails look decent. There is a rusty spot on the torsion bar crossmember.
Please look the pics over. I have more pics I can email to serious buyers. Car is located in south central MO.
Thanks,
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_7962.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 841
  • IMG_7953.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 810
  • IMG_7952.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 811
  • IMG_7960.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_7950.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 811
  • IMG_7951.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_7947.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 780
  • IMG_7954.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 810
  • IMG_7956.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 787
  • IMG_7959.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 809
If that notch still has a VIN tag it can be titled here in AL with a bill of sale. Car doesn't look too bad unless the rust under the trunk lid also indicates the condition of the lower doors.

If that notch still has a VIN tag it can be titled here in AL with a bill of sale. Car doesn't look too bad unless the rust under the trunk lid also indicates the condition of the lower doors.

Still has the VIN tag. The previous owner was going to fix the car but the guy he bought it from never got him the title to it. He gave up since it is a real PITA here in MO to get a title for a car that doesn't have one. I avoid dealing with the incompetent people that work for the state DOR if at all possible.

The bottom of the doors are nicer than the lip of the trunk lid. I have pics I'll post later.

Thanks,
Dallas

Still has the VIN tag. The previous owner was going to fix the car but the guy he bought it from never got him the title to it. He gave up since it is a real PITA here in MO to get a title for a car that doesn't have one. I avoid dealing with the incompetent people that work for the state DOR if at all possible.

The bottom of the doors are nicer than the lip of the trunk lid. I have pics I'll post later.

Thanks,
Dallas

Let me tell you, I have met Dallas in person and he is a real stand up guy. What he tells you will be accurate and you can take that to the bank.

Get the PO to write you a bill of sale which includes the VIN number. From there it is pretty easy.

I wish I could find a VIN tag for a 71 Demon. Then I could get a tag for my drag car and run it in the local KOTS.

If you deside to part it I would be intrested in the Fenders, and the header panel.

Get the PO to write you a bill of sale which includes the VIN number. From there it is pretty easy.

Not that easy in MO. Unless it was titled on the POs name, a bill of sale is worthless in MO. I don't have time to go into it but there's 42, yes 42!!! pages of instructions on the DOR website of hoops to go through. MO doesn't want to make it easy, although it used to be.
Dallas

P.S. I see i got a couple more replies while I was typing. I'm late for work so I'll get back to everyone late tonite.
Thanks

If you deside to part it I would be intrested in the Fenders, and the header panel.

I'll consider parting it if I can get enough out of them to make it worth my while. I don't have any way to ship large parts so you would have to come and get them.
Thanks,
Dallas

It's a real shame, because that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for, and I'm one state away from you.

No chance you could get a storage lien on it, and have the state issue you a new title?

No chance you could get a storage lien on it, and have the state issue you a new title?

It's my understanding you have to be a state licensed tow and storage lot to do this easily. Otherwise you have to send a registered letter to the previous owner the car was titled to (who I don't know, and due to privacy laws they can't tell me who it is, so how do you find out?). If you don't get a response after 30 days, then the car has to be inspected by the hwy patrol (that form costs $27.50, and I would have to haul it 50 miles one way to take it to them, they don't come to you), you have to have it appraised by two different dealers to determine a fair price so they can collect the sales tax, you have to send in 3 or 4 forms, pay sales tax and title fees (more $), then, if and when they decide to issue a title it could very well be a salvage title since the car isn't complete. I won't even go into the process to get a 'good' title after a salvage one has been issued.
I did this one one car. It took 6 months and 2 trips to Jeff City after they rejected it the first time. The second trip the lady said, 'what's all this extra paperwork? you should have gotten a title a long time ago' No one up there knows what they are doing, or what the other department is doing. I'm not dealing with them ever again if I can help it. I don't need that kind of stress in my life.
Dallas
BTW, I was also told by a friend it is easy to get a bonded title. So I called Jeff City and asked the lady about it. She had never heard of the process so she looked it up. She told me that yes, MO has bonded titles but she couldn't figure out how it's done.
Sorry for the long ranting reply (and I left out a lot of details, just got tired of typing), but I get whizzed off every time I think about dealing with that place, and the above incident is just one of many I've been through.

(who I don't know, and due to privacy laws they can't tell me who it is, so how do you find out?)

At least in Nebraska you can go in and pay a small fee to find last known name/address from the vin of the car. You have to jump through all kinds of hoops with proper id and explain why you need it, but it's possible.

I have no idea if Missouri has the same thing. I could do some calling Monday to find out, if you're too busy. I could also do some research on bonded titles in MO.

update:

just did a quick Google search for "bonded title Missouri", and got this hit:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461057

he's even nearby from what it looks like!

At least in Nebraska you can go in and pay a small fee to find last known name/address from the vin of the car. You have to jump through all kinds of hoops with proper id and explain why you need it, but it's possible.

I have no idea if Missouri has the same thing. I could do some calling Monday to find out, if you're too busy. I could also do some research on bonded titles in MO.

update:

just did a quick Google search for "bonded title Missouri", and got this hit:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461057

he's even nearby from what it looks like!

That guy's post was from 2010 and I didn't see a followup so I don't know how it turned out. He even noted how incompetent the employees are.

Like I said I don't want to deal with them any more than I absolutely have to. I have to deal with them now a couple of times a year (or more) with some other auto related business and it's a hassle 50% of the time at least. I have too much other stress in my life now to mess with it.
I do appreciate you taking the time to look into it though,
Dallas

I thought I would bump this up. It's been sitting in my shed ever since those pics were taken and I would like to get it moved out.
Thanks for looking,
Dallas
BTW, I semi-organized my garage and I found I have a bunch of '67 parts also that I would sell separately.

Damn-that's a great slate for someone, and I wish I could take it off your hands, but I know what you're talking about with the whole bonded title BS...through proxy anyway.

A friend of mine bought a car with the promise from the seller that the title would be delivered a couple weeks later..."just can't find it right now" story. Well, after talking to the guy every week for like 6 months, he got tired of messing with it, and sold the car ('79 TA, fresh paint, new GM crate 350/TH350, 10 bolt, good glass, most interior parts, new rad, battery, clean T/A honeycomb wheels with good tires, etc etc etc) for like $2000. The next guy pursued the bonded title route and it took him 6 months and about $1800 worth of lawyer fees, 7 certified pieces of mail with returned signed affidavits that the car was no longer theirs, roadworthiness inspection, state safety inspection (because the two are different), registration, etc to FINALLY get the title. Then wound up selling the car with a clear title for about $2800...

F'in ridiculous...

I sure would like to know if there is any filler in those front fenders. They look great.

Damn-that's a great slate for someone, and I wish I could take it off your hands, but I know what you're talking about with the whole bonded title BS...through proxy anyway.

F'in ridiculous...

Yeah, it used to be fairly painless. Now they have made it so difficult not too many people will go through the process........which I think is the whole point. The employees don't want to have to do anything that would require a tiny bit of extra effort.
Dallas

I sure would like to know if there is any filler in those front fenders. They look great.

They do appear to have some but they are very usable. I wasn't wanting to but I think I might as well part it out. When I got this car I also got a large bunch of parts, not all Mopar, some of it was Ford and I've found a few GM pieces in there just to confuse things. Anyway I finally got around to 'organizing' this pile and I would say there is probably 90% or more of the small parts needed to put this car together. I had planned to make a deal on them if someone bought the rolling shell but I think I would be better off selling off the bits and pieces and parting the shell out.
Dallas

Best of luck,MoB. For 750,a steal.

I really thought someone would grab it right away for that price but I was wrong. I'm starting to think of how much the individual parts will bring. Sold separately, I think the front valance, header panel, fenders, doors, trunk lid, v-8 k-frame, manual steering box and column, and non-a/c heater box will bring quite a bit more than $750. Probably get my money quicker that way, too.
Thanks for the reply,
Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back