1967 Cuda FB project

-
Got the rear housing back in to see how shocks fit. I hope it all works out alright. I think she'll be sittin in the weeds. :glasses7: ]
Now for a nice day so I can blast the body and get ready for painting the bottom!!!
Axles should show up today or tomorrow. Then I can finish building brackets for the rear calipers.
View attachment WP_20150409_001.jpg
View attachment WP_20150409_002.jpg
View attachment WP_20150409_003.jpg
View attachment WP_20150409_005.jpg
View attachment WP_20150409_004.jpg

I think the next step is to see how the front and rear glass actually fit the holes where the channel rubber goes. I would like to install the glass without the rubber gasket. Maybe have to make the pinch weld area a little smaller so the glass actually sits above it.

Have you thought about your exhaust yet ? If your going to stop before the rear axle.... no problem, but if a full exhaust was in your future there doesn't look like enough room to squeeze between the frame rail and the shock. I recently had to kick my top mount in on a similar homemade set-up to give enough clearance for a exhaust tube to fit. Just some FYI.

Oops, never mind....... I just saw post 401 a few pages back and see you've already addressed that issue. nice job.

Yesterday managed to weld up some of the holes left over from the rear frame rail relocation. Out of town today so no workie on my car. :protest: Be at it tomorrow, tho. Need to get the bottom blasted and sprayed. :blob:

I'm pretty sure you told my that Snakeskin green was your color! LOL
Either way, this is going to be one sweet ride!!

I did at first. Just been going back and forth. My Viper is sublime with black stripes. I love the Snakeskin, but I am leaning towards having step-brothers in the "family." lol I guess I won't really decide until the second it goes in the booth. :D

You know, I do love most of the Mopar greens, but when I go to car shows I see a lot of cars that weren't originally sublime painted that color. - The same with plum crazy. They're both great colors but I tend to shy away from them because they seem to be almost TOO common now. I'd never knock someone for picking sublime because those cars do look really good but if I was going green Chrysler had a lot of other great choices.

There were no other green choices. :violent1:
:D

EWW! I better not let my buddy with his pack of green Mopars read that! He might give you the evil eye. He's probably got every shade except sublime.

Absolutely nothing happened on the Cuda today.......... :protest:
Worked on some other things and didn't get anywhere........... :protest:
All in all, a crappy day of no progress on the Cuda. DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely nothing happened on the Cuda today.......... :protest:
Worked on some other things and didn't get anywhere........... :protest:
All in all, a crappy day of no progress on the Cuda. DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!

That serves you right for dissin' all them other green Mopars. LOL.

I personally like the color of money.
It's been a long time since I've seen it in real life but from what I can remember, It was a real cheery color green. It tended to put smiles on peoples faces.....

And you thought it was a joke..
Everyone knows that to own a Mopar means your about broke trying to purchase Mopar parts.
Heck, Chubby and Frd are a 1/4 the cost to build one of those.
I guess you get what you pay for........... :poke:

-
Back