1967 Dart Front Windshield Wheatherstrip & Trim

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
What we ended up using was a 68and up weatherstripping and went with the hard chrome trim. I felt it was going to be cheaper and at the time there was no plastic trim to be found that would fit in the groved weatherstrip that is original. I don't know if someone is making repro parts other than the corner clips. If you go the hard chrome way there are lots of very nice pieces to be bought. The boneyards that advertise in most of the mopar mags can line you up with whatever you want from show quality on down. Just remerber that you will have to pop the windshield and replace the weatherstripping and use the clips that hold on the crome trim peices. We were replacing the windshield on our 67 dart so we just got it all taken care of one time. I know it not " original" but I think it looks a lot nicer.

If I could get the original gasket removed from my 67 I'd give it to you. You would still need the plastic lock insert though. It is a gasket by the way, not weather stipping. Also the 68 and up trim is stainless steel not chrome.

I found mine at year one. At the time they had 5 sets. You may have to call as they may not be listed in the book or on line. VERY pricey with shipping it cost me 300+ bucks. Good Luck

E-bay's price is good on that. Check the link for the corners. Excellent price! I paid $50.00 each for the four corners (repops). Let me warn you about the plastic trim. I bought mine from an outfit in Miss. (I think) last April and it was a continous piece I cut to length. I installed the trim and by August the lower trim had shrunk and pulled 1/2" out of the drivers side corner piece. If you look at the picture you can see a small mark on the trim that shows the trim was actually 1/2" into the corner when installed. My advice is to buy the trim and leave it outside, in the sun, for 6 mos. Let it cycle hot to cold over the summer before you install it. I believe if you measure it you will find after 6 mos. it will have shrunk in length.
The other option is to get the S/S trim off a 69 and install it on you 67.

Good luck, Jim

006 resize.jpg

If I could get the original gasket removed from my 67 I'd give it to you. You would still need the plastic lock insert though. It is a gasket by the way, not weather stipping. Also the 68 and up trim is stainless steel not chrome.
If you happen to remove it without damage let me know. I would gladly pay to have it shipped. Thanks for the offer.

Guys I have looked all over for this weatherstriping/Trim and have not been able to find it. If someone has one or knows were I can get one it would be greatly appreciated.
Last week I had a brand new w.shield installed at Standard Auto glass.Guy told me he could get the trim also.Give them a call.I,m in Toronto and it took 1 day to get it from Nova Scotia.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back