1967 DART OWNERS..Brake question

-

67DARTGTCONV

Reaction score
Hello,
I am about to replace my master cylinder.
Car has manual drum brakes.

Does your master cylinder have the M shaped bracket on top to hold down the master cyl fluid lid or does is simply have bolt on top with no bracket?

Parts delaer shows one with no bracket for the 67, my orginal has the bracket so I am wondering which is orginaly correct

ThANKS

I can’t recall which is correct, but look at Year One’s catalog for picture of date correct master cylinder.

An hour and a half is all you gave us? W.O.W.

Mine has the bolt in the middle of the hold down.

Yeah I was standing in the Parts store with my fingers crossed. I live 1/2 hour away.

My local parts store had the one displayed a Year One. (actually had one in stock..small town in Manitoba, Canada!).

If you go to Summitt racing, enter 67 dart and they show both styles for that year of car.

Now I am wondering if 1 is for manual brakes drum. and the other for power brakes?

Thanks for your replys!!!!!!

Here's mine...non-power......not sure if it's ever been replaced...sorry for lousy pic quality...

Attachments

• 67DartManualMasterCylinder.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 140
The one that came on my car was one bolt, only 79k original miles but it might not have been original. The replacement I got was exactly the same, with the bolt. Non power with 10" f/r drums.

edit: It's a 67 Dart GT

THanks for the replys.
I checked with 5 different suppliers and even though they show the correct pic with the part number... every box had one something like 65 VAL. no bracket

Have a look in my pics mine has the M clip , as mine has the factory front discs.Not sure whether its factory or after market .CLICK BELOW AVATAR to view pictures of engine bay.

Have a look in my pics mine has the M clip , as mine has the factory front discs.Not sure whether its factory or after market .CLICK BELOW AVATAR to view pictures of engine bay.

That is a newer replacement one. Might be all thats available "down under".

BTW....G** D*MN beautiful '67! Is the color code "TT1"?

That is a newer replacement one. Might be all thats available "down under".

BTW....G** D*MN beautiful '67! Is the color code "TT1"?
Thats what came with the car when it was purchased from the US.I will check my work shop Manuel and let you know.

Just check it out on and found with the drum brake set up has the master with centre bolt to hold down the lid, with the disc brake set up it has the rod type which slides over lid to lock it down.Color on the car is Aztec copper

Take a look at this one. I have two 1967s, one 1968 and one 1969 that has this master cylinder on it. Drums on all four corners.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...der_1347106_164&keyword=brake+master+cylinder

THats the one! Yet every supplier I have gone to shows the same pic and when you open the box it is the other style.
It probally is the same one with a different lid but I would rather keep the look of the one I have.
Thanks for all the help and I will keep opening boxes

Whatch out for drool hurting the paint on that car!!! Are you trying to maintain a factory ordinal Dart, numbers matching etc? I'm guessing not from what little I can see in that little picture, just curious why not go after-market and power brakes with discs etc. 10 min on google and all I could find was that on the original (non gt/gts) it was a bolt down cap. BUT didn't find the answer for what was stock for the GT.

THats the one! Yet every supplier I have gone to shows the same pic and when you open the box it is the other style.
It probally is the same one with a different lid but I would rather keep the look of the one I have.
Thanks for all the help and I will keep opening boxes

This is the one with the flat lid and a bolt is CARDONE part number 10-1323M.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!ikE-inee630BP0R8ri!NQ~~60_3.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 94
-
Back