1967 dart wheel hub help

-

Caroline'67

Reaction score
Hello. First I need to say this is my fist time using a forum, so hope I'm doing it right.
I have a 1967 dart 4door sedan and it needs front wheel hubs. They are 9" and I'm not to worried about the stud threads being right or left handed. I can switch to both right hand threads if I have to. My question is if anyone knows where to find them because I have had no luck. Or should Try to get the original manufactured specs and go to a machine shop?
Any help is super appreciated. Thank You

The guy that had the car before I bought it put on hubs that came from a junk yard and obviously had a seized bearing issue. One has 100/1000's less metal in it, so the hub can move in and out on the spindle.
My spindles are fine, so the fanged hubs must be from the junked car.

Someone here has some. OR look at Wildcat wrecking on Oregon/WA area. 9's should not be hard to find as many ditch these for 10's or disk upgrades. Heck I sent someone one for shipping.

Thank you. That web site looks great, but I did not see the hub there. Oh well. Maybe some one here will eventually have a set that they can sell.

The guy that had the car before I bought it put on hubs that came from a junk yard and obviously had a seized bearing issue. One has 100/1000's less metal in it, so the hub can move in and out on the spindle.
My spindles are fine, so the fanged hubs must be from the junked car.

I'm not sure that I'm understanding the problem correctly. Are you saying that the hub bore is .001 oversize allowing the bearing race to move in and out?

It looks like an old set of bearings seized but they kept driving on it so the bearing ate into the hub so the opening is a larger diameter then the bearing slightly. Also it ate really bad towards the engine compartment. That's where it is almost 100/1000ths deeper than it should be. So the entire wheel when mounted and jacked up can be pulled in and out about 1/8". Which is very bad.

I would post a "wanted" ad here on this site. I've actually got some, but they are serving as "rollers" for my junker, otherwise I could

Thank you. That web site looks great, but I did not see the hub there. Oh well. Maybe some one here will eventually have a set that they can sell.

They are listed as brake rotor/drum front. If at first you don't succeed, fry, fry, a hen...

The closest one I could find to you belongs to Hillside Inc. in Broadway,VA. Stock number is 3382H. Phone number is 1-540-896-3794. $40 + shipping...

-
Back