1967 Dodge Dart Restomod

-

odwan

MOpAR GUY
Reaction score
Hey all!, this will be my third mopar restoration but my First journal. I plan in finishing this project in a year and a half.

I will detail my trials, errors and successes so that other may learn from my mistakes. Many moons of research and thought went into this build, so hopefully not many errors will occur.

Im starting with a 1967 Dodge Dart GT, Slant 6 Car, console and bucket seats. Owned by grandmom down the block, always garaged. The car is, for the most part, a survivor. It has been stripped for some light body mods, etc. Every part for the car is there. I think granma' may have decided she needed some pep in her step, as there is already a spool V8 k-frame in the car

The Plan...
5.7L Hemi Block
Spartan Cam
6.1L port and polished heads
A833 4 speed Transmission
8.75 rear with posi, 3.55-3.91
Restored Interior
Cop Wheels/Dog Dishes

The car will be a driver. I want something reliably FUN...

So, here is the car stripped for the rotosserie. Paint and all. My bodyman isnt ready for 3 weeks, which gives me time to weld the 4speed hump in.

It's all sheetmetal. no mud on the whole car. front fenders need patches...
FB_IMG_1488298520953.jpg

You can see I etched the metal on the roof and quarters, just to protect the metal until bodyman can dip/blast the car down. I was also considering subframe connectors.
20170228_115631.jpg

Last edited:
It'll never work! These cars are just old grandma cars

http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/johnnydart431/media/IMG_3807_zpsxcvflztn.jpg.html]
IMG_3807_zpsxcvflztn.jpg
[/URL]

ohhh... that is so beautiful.

question. with your windshield, do we have to put the "retainer" strip in? does ot actually retain the windshield?

i also plan on blacking out that sort of stuff.

"On the 67 Darts, you have to put a locking bead in there to keep the window in place. If you like to black it out, I used the black rubber locking bead from 80's chevy trucks when I did the window seals in my dart. It works perfect."

OR you get the gasket, trim clips and moldings from a 68-76 Dart, Valiant or Scamp and omit the locking strip altogether.

Hey all!, this will be my third mopar restoration but my First journal. I plan in finishing this project in a year and a half.

I will detail my trials, errors and successes so that other may learn from my mistakes. Many moons of research and thought went into this build, so hopefully not many errors will occur.

Im starting with a 1967 Dodge Dart GT, Slant 6 Car, console and bucket seats. Owned by grandmom down the block, always garaged. The car is, for the most part, a survivor. It has been stripped for some light body mods, etc. Every part for the car is there.

The Plan...
5.7L Hemi Block
Spartan Cam
6.1L port and polished heads
A833 4 speed Transmission
8.75 rear with posi, 3.55-3.91
Restored Interior
Cop Wheels/Dog Dishes

The car will be a driver. I want something reliably FUN...

So, here is the car stripped for the rotosserie. Paint and all. My bodyman isnt ready for 3 weeks, which gives me time to weld the 4speed hump in.

It's all sheetmetal. no mud on the whole car. front fenders need patches...
View attachment 1715023472

View attachment 1715023473
front fenders need to be fiberglass! :thumbsup: sounds like a great project - keep us posted!

I just skipped the whole hassle with the 67 glass gasket. I used 68-76 dart gasket,trim clips and converted it. Never understood why they did it to begin with. The rear glass has the stainless trim. Might as well make it all match. Unless your doing a full on correct resto.

I just skipped the whole hassle with the 67 glass gasket. I used 68-76 dart gasket,trim clips and converted it. Never understood why they did it to begin with. The rear glass has the stainless trim. Might as well make it all match. Unless your doing a full on correct resto.
Pm sent nice car

Kern Dog & Younggun 2.0, Isn't it true that I have to weld in the trim clips if I went with the 68 gasket?
Mopar Muscle, is that picture your final product? Or are you just showing me the gap for the retainer strip. I appreciate the planning help gentleman.

If you are not going to EFI and overdrive it, you are missing out on a whole new level of enjoyment, performance and convenience.

Kern Dog & Younggun 2.0, Isn't it true that I have to weld in the trim clips if I went with the 68 gasket?
Mopar Muscle, is that picture your final product? Or are you just showing me the gap for the retainer strip. I appreciate the planning help gentleman.

I was just showing the gap for the strip. Here is a picture of the GM black rubber strip in place.
20170303_162911.jpg

Wow solid car to start with! I will be following this. Life is much easier with a solid start!

-
Back