1967 Dodge Dart

-
Don't scare the man away.

Get the car drivable and enjoy it. Look for the trim parts you need etc.

You can do a lot of work over time.

If you are looking for a fun car you don't have to do a rotisserie restoration.
That’s my plan right now. My mechanic will be working on it tomorrow, he said they replaced the 273 with 318 engine

I'll tell you if you cannot do a lot of the work for yourself, hiring it done is REALLY going to lower the target of "restoration." What can you do and what can you not do insofar as mechanics/ electrics/ bodywork/ paint?

I'll tell you if you cannot do a lot of the work for yourself, hiring it done is REALLY going to lower the target of "restoration." What can you do and what can you not do insofar as mechanics/ electrics/ bodywork/ paint?
I live in San Diego, it is pretty cheap to fix the car and paint it in Otay Mesa area that is close to the border. It will cost a fraction compared to somewhere else. I am off this weekend, I’ll take the time and look for trims and other parts. Do you thing I should change the hood to the original GT or keep the 1968 GTs hood

Do you thing I should change the hood to the original GT or keep the 1968 GTs hood
No reason to change the hood unless you are going to get the car repainted.
There will always be those who will feel obligated to tell you that the hood is wrong for the car, as long as you are ok with that leave it.

As for trim. There is 3 pieces per side that run along the top of the fender door and rear quarter panel. There is a front turn signal that mounts to the front fender. And there is a rocker moulding on each side. Your trunk panel seem ok. There is moulding around the wheel wells as well.

I forgot. Try to resist the temptation to take it all apart. 99.9% guarantee it will never be driven again. Just do weekend projects. As in, if it was drivable on Friday it better be drivable again on Monday.

I live in San Diego, it is pretty cheap to fix the car and paint it in Otay Mesa area that is close to the border. It will cost a fraction compared to somewhere else. I am off this weekend, I’ll take the time and look for trims and other parts. Do you thing I should change the hood to the original GT or keep the 1968 GTs hood

I was stationed at (then) NAS Miramar, 70-74 at the time well acquainted with the area. Back in those days I had a number of cars and 3 Mopars down in that area, one a 70 Roadrunnner 440-6

The hood is up to you. I would not plan a "big restore" until you can get some things done and see where you stand, as suggested above. Just get the brakes "up to snuff" get it driving good and running good doing what you need to do. I like those hoods, and would leave it until, maybe later, maybe if you decide to make the are "more correct"

I was stationed at (then) NAS Miramar, 70-74 at the time well acquainted with the area. Back in those days I had a number of cars and 3 Mopars down in that area, one a 70 Roadrunnner 440-6

The hood is up to you. I would not plan a "big restore" until you can get some things done and see where you stand, as suggested above. Just get the brakes "up to snuff" get it driving good and running good doing what you need to do. I like those hoods, and would leave it until, maybe later, maybe if you decide to make the are "more correct"
That’s nice, I live close to NAS. As you said I’ll get the car drivable first and go from there. Thanks for the advice

That’s nice, I live close to NAS. As you said I’ll get the car drivable first and go from there. Thanks for the advice
That's good advice. Get it driving down the road and see what you have before you make any big plans for paint etc.

-
Back