1967 Playmate Of The Year Barracuda FISH?

-

68340fish

Reaction score
Recently there was a thread about emblem placement and possible factory errors on 2nd Generation Barracuda's. This pink 1967 Barracuda was given to the PMOY in '67. Check out the Fish emblem on the fender. The fish is swimming backwards! Should it be under the "B" and swimming forward? Has anyone else ever seen anything like this before?

pmoy_1967_barracuda.jpg

67_cuda.jpg

I get it. The gas filler is on the driver's side of the car, so that means the photo is flipped, but the Barracuda script on the fender is not reversed and the fish is at the wrong end of the script. That can only mean one thing, the mphoto has been doctored. The script & fish from the driver's side were removed before the flip & then airbrushed back.

I think I have this figured out, when they flipped the photo, they flipped the Barracuda script but left the emblem where it was. Try it for yourself, use some magic marker on a thin piece of paper then flip it over....

notice there is no pentastar emblem on the bottom of the fender which chrysler only put on the right side of cars. it also looks as if the windshield wiper arm is on backwards! i also noticed her boots are on the wrong feet ,lol.

The fish should be pointed forward on both sides of the car. I have seen them wrong a few times. I figure it was repair shop error rather than factory. Image flip is the answer to the right side fuel door and mirror though, along with a left side antenna. Cheers

It was not uncommon to airbrush promo photos back in the day. Notice the antenna hasn't been correctly relocated either.

Grant

There is a thread from about a year and half ago that is talking about the POTY Barracudas but 66's. Here's the link.

UNUSUAL COLOR ON 1966 BARRACUDA

It has this picture in the thread as well, not sure if it is the same girl or not but it looks like she could be. The gas cap is correct on this shot and the fish is swimming the correct direction as well.

Snap1.jpg

-
Back