1967 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess "very interested cash in hand serious buyer please PM me" translates to "I'm a flake and I have no intention of buying your car at all."

TTT

It's a really nice car. But just like you've probably noticed with houses, even though they're solid the owners have spent $ on things you don't like and you'll make changes as soon as you get your hands on it.
If you're not getting your price on ebay, that's probably the problem. Everybody wants it for nothing right now so they can flip it (ie:Fast n Loud)
This is a bad time to sell off toys at a good price.
Two pieces of advice if you want.
Keep the car! You love it, you've invested yourself in it and you will kick yourself badley for letting it go one day. The car will only appreciate in value. Believe me I go to the shows in my newer model Nippon POS and wish I had any one of my 3 Mopars back.
Thinktwice about buying any house! It's an anchor which can drown you!
You never really own the property anyway, it's just a lifetime lease at best.

It's a really nice car. But just like you've probably noticed with houses, even though they're solid the owners have spent $ on things you don't like and you'll make changes as soon as you get your hands on it.
If you're not getting your price on ebay, that's probably the problem. Everybody wants it for nothing right now so they can flip it (ie:Fast n Loud)
This is a bad time to sell off toys at a good price.
Two pieces of advice if you want.
Keep the car! You love it, you've invested yourself in it and you will kick yourself badley for letting it go one day. The car will only appreciate in value. Believe me I go to the shows in my newer model Nippon POS and wish I had any one of my 3 Mopars back.
Thinktwice about buying any house! It's an anchor which can drown you!
You never really own the property anyway, it's just a lifetime lease at best.

I hear you on regretting the sale. However, I think it's every man's dream to own a piece of property to call his own. As far as the 99 year lease is concerned, I'm not sure I follow that. Real estate around here can and is owned. As long as you have a family to pass it to, it will stay in the family indefinitely, no? Regardless, I appreciate the feedback and advice.

BUMP $17,500

The car is getting a brand new radiator here soon and possibly a Vintage Air system. At that point, the price will increase.

We have our eye on a home. If you've been watching this thread waiting on the price drop, now is the time to PM me. If the car doesn't move before the sale of the house, it's staying in my new garage... permanently.

The car is no longer for sale. Moderators, do as you see fit with the thread. Thanks for the opportunity to list it here!

The car is no longer for sale. Moderators, do as you see fit with the thread. Thanks for the opportunity to list it here!

Does this mean you got the house and get to keep the car? If so, you are indeed a lucky man. Congrats to you.

Does this mean you got the house and get to keep the car? If so, you are indeed a lucky man. Congrats to you.

I appreciate the congratulations, but no house for us yet. We had offers in on two properties, both of which were snatched out from under us at the last minute by buyers with deeper pockets. The sale of the car would definitely expedite the whole process, but I've decided to do everything in my power to make it happen without doing something I'll regret. I'm gonna keep my nose to the grindstone and save some more, and hopefully come out on the other side in a better position. After all, what's the point of having your dream garage with nothing to put in it?

I appreciate the congratulations, but no house for us yet. We had offers in on two properties, both of which were snatched out from under us at the last minute by buyers with deeper pockets. The sale of the car would definitely expedite the whole process, but I've decided to do everything in my power to make it happen without doing something I'll regret. I'm gonna keep my nose to the grindstone and save some more, and hopefully come out on the other side in a better position. After all, what's the point of having your dream garage with nothing to put in it?

Well stand tall son, you're on the right track. You have the right attitude and you'll get there sooner than you think.

Well, just food for thought......no one likes to lose money on their project car that they've invested tons of $$ and sweat energy into, but prices have dropped on many things. So if you'd decide to bite the bullet and take one of the lower offers on your car, buy a house while we're in this perfect storm of low interest rates and low prices (which are gaining 10% a year in some areas) you'll feel pretty smart and won't be dwelling on the $3000 you lost out on when you sold your car. That $3000 will be a drop in the bucket compared to what you'll be gaining on your new house in an appreciating housing market. It's what I did. You've already witnessed a bit of a bidding frenzy which proves this.......

I'm sure you can fill that new garage with something later that you'll go crazy over.......just saying.

Cudaverts advise is sound; most of our cars are not investments but fall on the expense side of the balance sheet. I look at my car as more of a luxury and I think that is true for most of us here. I have it for the fun and enjoyment of the car. Like most who have owned and restored their cars over the last 10 to 12 years; no way I can get back what I have in it but i didn't go into it thinking of it as an investment.

Home values will come back and you only have a short window (12 to 15 months) to take advantage of these insanely low interest rates.

Cudaverts advise is sound; most of our cars are not investments but fall on the expense side of the balance sheet. I look at my car as more of a luxury and I think that is true for most of us here. I have it for the fun and enjoyment of the car. Like most who have owned and restored their cars over the last 10 to 12 years; no way I can get back what I have in it but i didn't go into it thinking of it as an investment.

Home values will come back and you only have a short window (12 to 15 months) to take advantage of these insanely low interest rates.

Trust me, this was never a money making proposition. The classic car game very rarely is. How many of us are really that guy that bought a Superbird in the early 80s for $15k? Not very many. Although your advice is sound, I don't know if you guys really have a handle on the cost of living in New York. At the point I'm at now, even if I sold the car I'd be barely making ends meet with the kind of house I want to have, even with a large chunk in the bank, a great paying job, and relatively low bills. We're talking about $12,000 a year property taxes in some areas on Long Island. That's a mortgage in itself. My fiancee and I are in a holding pattern right now. We'll see how the next few months play out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back