-
Status
Not open for further replies.

kschabow

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. I have a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda for sale for $11,000 OBO. I don't really want to sell her, but I must in order to afford my dream car, which is now within reach if I also sell my current cars.

You will smell like gas after driving, nothing in the interior is hooked up (except the headlights), the interior needs some restoration (there is no headliner, sound deadening, or insulation), the windshield wipers are not installed, there is no defroster, radio, heat or AC, and at any given moment you have absolutely no idea how much gas you have left or how fast you are going.

Those are the pros. There are no cons.

If you desire a raw, visceral driving experience, this is the car for you. I initially intended to do a full restoration but I came to enjoy the guttural emanations and the thrill of using only my own abilities to navigate. Black Beauty never broke down on me or ran out of gas.

When I bought the car 6 years ago, the 273 V8 was running rough, so I had the motor and trans (904) rebuilt. I have since put about 1000-1500 miles on the car. I am not aware of any bubbling or rust. The body, frame, and drivetrain are all in excellent condition. The interior is obviously incomplete, so this is a project car. You could easily get that repaired in time for the next Woodward Dream Cruise. Speaking of Woodward, I have taken the Barracuda to the world's largest parking lot, and she did not overheat. The 273 sounds like a big block because of the exhaust.

The gearing is tall so you are not going to win any races. This Barracuda is a perfect car for gallivanting about town with the family - an ice cream cruiser for sunny days.

As far as I know, it's the original drivetrain. I've never attempted to verify the previous owner's claim because I frankly don't care. I buy cars to enjoy driving them.

This Barracuda is truly is a pleasure to drive. I hope the next owner enjoys Black Beauty as much as I have. You really can take this car anywhere. I often take her to Ann Arbor, I've taken her to Chicago, etc. It's always a fun adventure and there really isn't another driving experience like it!

I have the original build sheet. I also have the certificate card that goes in the engine bay. Also, the sheet metal is believed to be original.

I live in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Looking forward to your replies!

-Ken

00G0G_c74aOPLJXfE_1200x900.jpg

00H0H_6fEvybYw8vT_1200x900.jpg

00j0j_9FwIsMFaS36_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_fIMC5YcEUkn_1200x900.jpg

00q0q_hlLvwotZgOI_1200x900.jpg

00U0U_hwJNY8Sw9AL_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_dbv9k9LNa3s_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_ksck4u0NIi4_1200x900.jpg

00606_aSBS81KuSZv_1200x900.jpg

01515_hmxDsycSlzW_1200x900.jpg

Hi everyone. I have gotten email notifications that people are replying to the thread, but then when I refresh I don't see any replies. If you are interested in the car, please PM me.

I'd like to add that the car spent years in Georgia and since I've had it in MI, it has never been driven in snow, ice, or salt. The underside is clean.

-Ken

Hi everyone. I have gotten email notifications that people are replying to the thread, but then when I refresh I don't see any replies. If you are interested in the car, please PM me.

I'd like to add that the car spent years in Georgia and since I've had it in MI, it has never been driven in snow, ice, or salt. The underside is clean.

-Ken
Responses such as like, agree, thanks, prompt those notifications. Good luck

No. That would be the Certicard.
The fender tag is about the same size made of metal attached with two machine screws to the LH top of the inner fender around the battery area.

Researching the broadcast sheet a bit more, I see why I don't see the paint code. Would be in the RH corner where a piece of the sheet is missing. Would be nice to see the fender tag. It would have the paint code as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. That would be the Certicard.
The fender tag is about the same size made of metal attached with two machine screws to the LH top of the inner fender around the battery area.

Researching the broadcast sheet a bit more, I see why I don't see the paint code. Would be in the RH corner where a piece of the sheet is missing. Would be nice to see the fender tag. It would have the paint code as well.

I emailed you the fender tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back