1967 valiant cuda?!

-

1975ValiantDuster

Reaction score
How's everyone doing I recently purchased a 67' valiant 2door I was looking at the gauges and dash and I was wondering if it's possible to witch it out with a barracudas ? If any one knows the answer to this please let me know. I wouldn't want to buy something I have no use for thanks.
received_1031847160226662.jpeg

You can switch the entire dash. To alter your standard dash metal so it accepts and supports the rally inst' panel is damn near impossible.
There are differences in the wiring harnesses/connectors too but that is the easy part in my opinion.

How's everyone doing I recently purchased a 67' valiant 2door I was looking at the gauges and dash and I was wondering if it's possible to witch it out with a barracudas ? If any one knows the answer to this please let me know. I wouldn't want to buy something I have no use for thanks. View attachment 1714950535

Did you get that Valiant off of craigslist?? There was/is a really nice one for 6200 that ive been crushed on for a while. Anyways, nice car!!!

Jake

You can switch the entire dash. To alter your standard dash metal so it accepts and supports the rally inst' panel is damn near impossible.
There are differences in the wiring harnesses/connectors too but that is the easy part in my opinion.
So your saying its possible just a little difficult

I have a 68 dart and i swapped in a dash from a 68 barracuda.

If you switch the entire assembly then it's an easy bolt in swap.

The valiant dash sheet metal is totally different. Save the time and get the dash frame, gauges and wiring from the barracuda.

So your saying its possible just a little difficult
Yes sir, and I'll also say the cost far outweighs the benefit. The factory rally panels have there very own collection of issues. I'm sure you have seen them offered here. Some with tachs and/or 150mph speedometers, for as little as 150 bucks. Only reason I don't point out what I can see wrong with those... that type comment is not allowed. You'll have to buy one and learn the hard way.
The gauge service companies are hoping you'll do just that.
There are smarter alternatives. A custom instrument panel in your dash will allow new, much more accurate instruments, more eye candy options, etc.., at a much lower total cost.
Please take a good look at the custom instrument panel threads here before making a decision.

Yes sir, and I'll also say the cost far outweighs the benefit. The factory rally panels have there very own collection of issues. I'm sure you have seen them offered here. Some with tachs and/or 150mph speedometers, for as little as 150 bucks. Only reason I don't point out what I can see wrong with those... that type comment is not allowed. You'll have to buy one and learn the hard way.
The gauge service companies are hoping you'll do just that.
There are smarter alternatives. A custom instrument panel in your dash will allow new, much more accurate instruments, more eye candy options, etc.., at a much lower total cost.
Please take a good look at the custom instrument panel threads here before making a decision.
Any good recommendations or good examples of one?

I haven't seen an aftermarket set of gauges that I think look anywhere near as good as the factory '67-69 Barracuda parts. My son's '67 Dart GT convertible got fitted with a '67 Barracuda dash (150 speedo with tach).
MVC-016S.JPG

That valiant has been on craigslist for a little bit. I tried to get my brother to buy it. I picked mine up for 1400 here in Tucson Az a few years back. I cant wait to get back into it and get it on the road again.

Oh yeah if you ever need parts I might have some extras and there is a yard here with 2 68s

I do need the drives door mines is dinged in. Also man I love the hood on your 68'
I can check next time I go. I know the passengers door had a "new" dent on it but I think the drivers door was in nice shape. Thanks. I wanted something different but looks like it could of came stock. Its been sitting for a while and I might have to redo the hood in the future but I do have a spare hood. If your ever in Tucson you should hit me up

I can check next time I go. I know the passengers door had a "new" dent on it but I think the drivers door was in nice shape. Thanks. I wanted something different but looks like it could of came stock. Its been sitting for a while and I might have to redo the hood in the future but I do have a spare hood. If your ever in Tucson you should hit me up
I will take up your offer, when I happen to pass there I'll make sure to contact you .

-
Back