1967 Valiant's Fate Hangs in the Balance

-

Captain Chaos

Reaction score
My wife and I bought this car in the fall of 08 to do some quick work on and make it presentable to drive away in our wedding. Shortly after buying it I was laid off and the spare money was no longer there. Fast forward and we started getting ready to restify the car and the car needs some items such as trunk extensions etc that don't show up in any of the resto parts sites i've looked through. I have been told that 67-69 Barracuda trunk floors are the same, but what about extensions. Its not 100 point resto so accuracy isn't as important as being able to fill a void.

This car was sold new in Il, and owned by the same person until the mid 2000's when it was purchased as a father son project that was nixed by mom for not having airbags. The interior is a solid 7/10 but the exterior is rusted. I have two solid doors and front fenders but the quarters on back are trashed. I will probably go with S&W rear rails so my next option would be to just sheet metal the trunk area at that point. I really don't want this to be a race car, i'd prefer more of a pro touring style. I may even keep the original KK1 Light Turquoise since the interior is the same color and in decent shape. A link below provides some pics right after driving her home.

http://s306.photobucket.com/user/Dragracinglife/library/1967 Valiant?sort=3&page=1

Any input would be appreciated. I really love the Valiants and always wanted one after seeing a friends 68. Here's where Margarets fate comes in. He has offered to do work on my Belvedere in exchange for the car. The Belvedere is a whole other storyfor a differnt time.

can 4 dr 1/4s be fitted to the area u need? i have a 2 four doors im going to be parting if so one even has the same color interior and exterior

Check with Laysons I got my quarters, trunk ext. from him and actually my trunk ext are for a 67 if I'm not mistaken ans I have a 66 but I need to add 1" of metal to them, But only talk to Rick he is awesome to deal with,

can 4 dr 1/4s be fitted to the area u need? i have a 2 four doors im going to be parting if so one even has the same color interior and exterior

I'll take a closer look. I may need some other items as well. Thanks!

Check with Laysons I got my quarters, trunk ext. from him and actually my trunk ext are for a 67 if I'm not mistaken ans I have a 66 but I need to add 1" of metal to them, But only talk to Rick he is awesome to deal with,
I'll look again, but I don't recall seeing any. I'll give them a call to verify. Thanks also!

Sean, the Valiant looks good and has all the Signet trim. Nice.

Thank you. It spent most of its life up North/midwest where trim and interior seem to survive and sheet metal dies. Radio, speaker and even the flashers work which was a surprise to me, lol.

Yep,the 4 dr 1/4's will work but you will need rear door skins to make a complete 1/4 if you need that much of a patch. The lower rear 1/4's and wheel lips are what rust most. I know AZmopar has a 4dr twin to this car

-
Back