1968 Barracuda color - is it stock?

-
I have no broadcast sheet.

Can they be replaced?
You either find them or you don't. Sometimes you can get IBM cards from Chrysler Historical.
Too answer your question right, dig out that fender tag. Photos are hard to judge.
Package tray and window lip will be useful for matching if you have a skilled painter.

see my earlier post

interesting that my first clue was the roofline didn't look quite right, and Hemmings has a whole article about this guys rooflines

still amazing

The fender tag is important here if you would like to go back to factory color. The year of your car is also, the color name changes and so does the chemistry of the paint. Different years, same code may have more or less metallic, pearl, or iridescent mixed with the paint. For example my Dart paint code B5 is available for many years, but only specific for 69 to 70 models only. It has the right amount of white pear and iridescent to make the paint pop. I have included this link for you to check it out....
1968 Color Codes - Plymouth Paint Cross-Reference

see my earlier post

interesting that my first clue was the roofline didn't look quite right, and Hemmings has a whole article about this guys rooflines

still amazing

Sorry. Don't know how I missed your earlier posts. Cool stuff

In 1968 the color was known as Surf Turquoise Metallic or LL1. I am doing a 68 Barracuda Fastback in that color now and the original color was LL1. They had a lighter turquoise that year also and I think it was Mist Turquoise Metallic.

On a secondary note I have been told that the LL1 is the second most rare color behind Turbine Bronze.

passengersidepaintbooth.jpg

enginecompartment.jpg

paintbbothfront.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^^Very much liked the Turquoise they had back in the earlier years. The paint is unique and suits your car very nicely, well done....

I understand, but going with base coat and clear coat you should not have any problems. Shoot your base with multiple lite coats, you will not have any problems with the paint blending itself in properly. Just advoid going heavy on the coats or may end up having tiger strips......

I just had these sent to me tonight, rear valance has been notched out for exhaust tips. Last photo shows a Classic A/C unit ready to install.
hoodcentered.jpg

hoodfinished.jpg

leftfronfender.jpg

rearend.jpg

ACunit.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it is a stock color, 1968 code LL1 surf turquoise. I have one with that code, a long way from paint but I am going to go back to the original, I like it.

-
Back