1968 Barracuda Notch - Plano, TX

-
The new trunk floor is done. 1x2 rectangular tube frame for the fuel tank to bolt to / rest on. Sam started on the surgery for the transmission cross member and tunnel today. Yikes!!! I will take a few pictures of that tomorrow! Picture of floor and tank attached.

Attachments

• P82A0188s.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,104
  • IMG_4250s.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,074
T56 test fitted and installed. Bought a kit that works for Ford version of the aftermarket T56... I have a GM version... some "minor" modifications were needed but we prevailed.

Here is a picture of the car lowered on to the engine, suspension, k-frame, transmission assembly and joined together. Second picture is Sam burning in the new torsion bar mount top piece.

Attachments

• P82A0230s.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,109
  • P82A0231.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,264
A few pictures of the transmission tunnel.

Attachments

• P82A0243.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,142
  • P82A0246.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,352
That trans tunnel looks sharp. Nice job! Did you guys fab that piece?

Metal fab, body and paint are being done by Rod's Car Craft in Wylie, Texas. Sam fab'd the tunnel. I worked with him on the engine location and the trans mount. 99% at this point is Sam. Last time I did any welding was 2006, and that was TIG welding stainless. I have never done MIG though I hear it is easier. I just have very little time these days and wanted to get through to a painted body quickly. As soon as the paint is done I will bring it home to do most of the rest.

Wheel housing...

I wonder how this car would look with a 345/30-19 in the rear.

Attachments

• P82A0275s copy.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,112
Driver's side wheel housing almost done, past two weeks with the weather, holidays, and a few other small jobs coming into the shop not much progress. I have ordered a few random parts that are needed for fitment before paint. For example, front brakes need to be on so a wheel and tire can be fitted to check fender clearances. Any modifications that need to be done we will do before paint. I pulled a brake caliper out of the box. Sure looks bigger in person than in a picture in the catalog! I don't know why, but I was thinking Kelsey Hayes size... they are much larger!

Attachments

• p82a0286s.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,012
  • p82a0285s.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 996
Awesome build and very nice work! Those trans tunnel pics bring back memories for me, although mine didn't turn out as professional looking as yours.

I need that fuel tank!

Progress... they are working on the car again! Holidays and ice work at the shop are done.

Cowl is about done. Rotors came in yesterday.

Attachments

• DSC02307s.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 978
  • p82a0289s.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 944
All four tires back down on the floor today... Rodney somehow snuck into the picture. Passenger door is aligned. His shop is doing the body and paint on the car. http://www.rodscarcraft.com/

Attachments

• DSC02341s.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 918
Previous owner butchery... spark plug access? Really?

Attachments

• P82A0068s.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 920
... after first step of the repair.

Attachments

• DSC02311s.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 899
Second step... donor inner fender.

Attachments

• DSC02354s.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 903
Picked this up this morning... if it fits it will be staying! And no, that is not the color the car will be.

Attachments

• DSC02356s.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 923
Here is what it looks like on the car.

Attachments

• P82A0299s.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 897
Inner fender replacement completed! Sorry about the cell phone picture quality.

Attachments

• P82A0301s.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 811
  • P82A0300s.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 795
More progress... getting close to having all the fab and inner metal work completed. About time to start on the exterior panel work. Up until now no body work has been done to the outside of the car. The passenger door is original color because they did not see a need to strip it. The drivers door and front fender are from a donor that have been stripped and primed with no body work at all, the rest of the car was media blasted, then primed with the pea green zinc chromate etch primer you see. The car as you see it has no filler or other body work on exterior panels whatsoever! Saturday I will fit front and rear trim, set the dash frame in place and get the engine ready with the new intake for hood and panel fitment. As soon as I verify the hood clears the intake we will start with adjusting the hood location, the fenders and the header panel. With the weight of the drivetrain and panels location close to final Sam will be able to weld the last connection on the sub frame connectors. As soon as that is done I can pull the drivetrain and take it home while the rest of the body and paint are being completed.

Attachments

• P82A0303s.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 836
Put engine back in car to see how the new hood and new intake worked together. The hood will need some trimming at the back under the scoop to clear the air cleaner.

Attachments

• img_09541s.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 781
  • img_09551s.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 775
-
Back