[SOLD] 1968 Barracuda Notchback Bracket car.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asktoro

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Ok, I'm tired of this car and can't work on it in the storage there's not enough room. Come and get it $4,000 and I'm only offering it for this for the duration of the winter. I'm taking a $700 hit of what I bought it for, and the reason for this is I tried parting it out but like I said, not enough freaking room. :wack: One of the members wants the headers so it will either come with or without headers, I tried to remove them but a bolt is making it impossible to because of the drag race config I have to put two nuts on the bolt to pull it so the header will slide out... but then radiator fluid spewed all over when I took one out... Go me (I never knew it would drain out like that...) So far I took the carb, manifold and fuel thing off, along with a few minor parts. The body and motor/trans alone should at least get me $4,000... :banghead: Anyways its hemmoraging fluids and...... yeah. =/ help me out, im cutting my losses and in a bind. (all the parts that I took off will go with it... If you just want the guts I'm willing to sell the engine/trans/drive line -- everything machinical for $3,000 and will help with removing parts.)

imag0339r.jpg

383 stock a circa 1964 block with stock parts rebuilt with apr bolts bumped up compression but I have no proof of this, the seller was honest so I assume it is...

727 B and M trans with line lock, centerline wheels, lots of nice parts but after tearing into it a bit, it needs to be torn down, cleaned up... rear gears are 4:11.. I feel a little dizzy from sniffing 100 octane fuel and cleaning up radiator fluid... It's a mess :( the car has potential and this price i feel is way more than fair... I had another thread up but mods removed it, don't know why it had a lot more info, most people already know what it's got.

I'm really in a bind here... it has title/vin plates and original dash, I can take pics of whatever anyone needs, it needs to be trailered...

I need this car gone so I can clean up the storage before the smell of the fluids ruin a lot of expensive stuff I have there... Willing to take a trade.

Edit: I'm going to note that, I don't know when this will sell or if anyone even wants it, so I'm going to continue stripping it, draining the fluid and cleaning it up. If you want it in the condition it is in I'd suggest you act fast =/ I need to clean up the fluids it hemorrhaged from my lack of knowledge.

if you continue to strip it most buyers will ignore your ad i would have talked to you if it was complete

I would be interested in complete car.... the "hemmoraging fluids" is a concern i have and the "fuel thing off,"????? .... how far have you gone into dismantling parts??

If you were to sell the engine and trans Id be intersted in a rolling chassis. LMK if you go that route. Thanks Marcel

Hemorrhaging fluids reason -- Header bolt, I removed the headers but one header is stuck and I need to remove the bolts to pull it, so I had no idea that they were connected to water jackets and it started spewing radiator fluid. I put the bolt back in to halt that until I can drain the radiator. It is not a broke or cracked block, it's just I undid a bolt I had no idea was related to fluids.

Fuel thing- there's a line, you know those round things that are on drag cars? I'm unfamiliar with it... Anyways it has a mix of steel braided lines and aluminum lines. The aluminum line had tape on it and a crack. So I wanted to remove that because its no good and the power coil had a crack as well, which would have been bad. The owner showed me an MSD coil he had that blew previously. The wiring to electronics.. I think someone missed a resistor/fuse or something.

I know people won't be interested in it as much if its incomplete, but I offered it complete for $6,500 nobody bit. Now its $4,000 because It's dismantled. I don't know if anybody is going to jump it, and it's in parts so I need to finish what I started at the risk of people being less interested.

As for the rolling chassis... make an offer. If I like the offer, it's yours. The front end is glass, a poorly made one at that, it has a 12 pt cage, the engine bay is cut out and the cage has arms running through the firewall attached to the front clip. I'd rate the body maybe 8 out of 10. It could use paint. I've knocked on it lightly with a screwdriver's butt end and I don't hear any bondo anywhere.

I'd really prefer to sell the engine/trans first before selling the body but beggers can't be choosers so...

As it sits --
* manifold off
* carb off
* fuel line in the bay took off
* Headers in process of being removed, mufflers removed
* Trans cooler/fan in process of being removed.
* no wires cut, just unplugged/unbolted.
* all dash wiring intact, gauges, engine etc.
* The only line that's cut is the fuel line at the aluminum part where it was cracked.
* Car only needs a new coil pack (current one was toast, it worked but was cracked.)

It's basically 80% complete. If you want it... I'd get to me quick as possibly. I'll give it a week until I start hacking into it again to give you guys a chance at it as it sits currently. The best way to get my attention is to private msg me as It goes to my email which tips me off I always check my email, but I don't check this forum much, but will for this. As per rules I can't give out my phone number on the post, but PM me and I'll give you my cell number for texting (Hearing impaired so i cant do calls.)

There's a lot of good parts on this car that could be reused in other projects.

... Not to my knowledge... I feel odd that you're asking me that... Basically coolant/anti-freeze... Green, smells funky, tastes sweet? I guess... I called it the wrong thing? I didn't realize that..

... Not to my knowledge... I feel odd that you're asking me that... Basically coolant/anti-freeze... Green, smells funky, tastes sweet? I guess... I called it the wrong thing? I didn't realize that..

I just wondered if there was something special they were using and why. I always like to learn about new stuff.

Could've sworn my profile said Missoula, Montana... Sorry. Gosh you guys sure are making this hard for me.

PLEASE pm me your number and info. Thanks. Will call you asap.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 716
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6mYEP8LQ2U"]VIDEO0008 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibs-MKNQ_c8&feature=related"]VIDEO0007 - YouTube[/ame]

For those who wanted pictures of the inside and various stuff -- here's two videos pre-teardown. I am hearing impaired hence my dialogue isn't anything magical but I believe it's understandable to a degree.

Clocks ticking guys... I have people interested in the parts and rolling shell but want to just be done with it as whole. As I said... Going to give it a week then I'll resume teardown. I still have all the parts that go with it.

I'm going to strip most everything off it and remove the racing decals, clean the body up with soap and water because you can see black spots from it being out in the weather. Anymore questions PM or post here.

For shipping this vehicle it would cost roughly 1,000-3,000 depending on how far you are from the 59081 zip code (missoula montana) and to the mods -- sorry and thanks for not immediately deleting it.

Going to put the parts back on since everyone who was interested in parts backed out, alls it needs to run is an aluminum fuel line and coil pack. I'm going to clean it up today and remove the decals since they're peeling/fading anyway... Pictures will be uploaded once I do that. If I get it back to running condition I will be asking $4,700 (exactly what I paid for it) and it will be cleaner and tuned up/refreshed.

Edit: Fluids will be topped off as well.

Going to put the parts back on since everyone who was interested in parts backed out, alls it needs to run is an aluminum fuel line and coil pack. I'm going to clean it up today and remove the decals since they're peeling/fading anyway... Pictures will be uploaded once I do that. If I get it back to running condition I will be asking $4,700 (exactly what I paid for it) and it will be cleaner and tuned up/refreshed.

Edit: Fluids will be topped off as well.

You are most likely going to be stuck with it until spring unless you get real lucky. From your previous posts the guy you got it from had it for sale for a very long while. The economy may turn even worse and come spring there might still be no buyers in your area. Ebay will bring you bidders today and you could unload it and move on. I wouldn't remove the decals if it were me because you will also be removing the racing theme. Let the future buyer do what he wants.

It was too bloody #$%#$% freezing, snow finally hit Missoula so I did nothing more than put the manifold/carb/headers back on. Alls it would take to get running again is to reconnect 2 wires, bolt the carb/manifold back down, a new fuel line (an aluminum tube, it was cracked) and mopar coil pack. It's hard for me to sell it, There's days I just want to keep it cause it's awesome and would be fun to work on with my girlfriend and her kids but... Like you said, economy... everybody's hurting for money and I don't have any to fund the project unless I part out the guts... which isn't the most feasible opinion currently due to lack of cherry picker, space, and weather.

I got a guy who's coming to look at it... if he buys it I'm going to be crying for awhile :D... but I'll get over it, there's other projects and I'm young so plenty of time to save up... still gonna suck to sell it. I'm insane didn't you know :D i can't quite make up my mind most days, I think birds are nesting in my ears and cobwebs are in my skull cause marbles all rolled out long ago!

let me know if the guy thats coming to look at it gets it or not, cause if not i'll probabaly sell my four wheeler which shouldnt be hard even with this economy

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back