Votes: 31 57.4%
  • I like cat food...

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters
-

BIG-B-Barracuda

Reaction score
Well guys i have here a -
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Notch-back. (clean title)
440 727 8 3/4 rear.
New front & rear end suspension build.
Everything else pretty straight forward.

Fender tag-
though not sure what this E8 code is E8 didnt work E0 didnt work E3 didnt work. i will clean it up and find out later. thanks again! another one decoded thanks.

CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 318cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: D70x14 White Sidewall
MODEL YEAR: 1968
BUILD DATE: January 15.
AXLE: 2.76 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats.
PAINT: Bright Blue Metallic (Dodge), Electric Blue Metallic (Plymouth).
OTHER: Light Blue Metallic (Dodge), Frost Blue Metallic (Plymouth) Upper Door Frame Color. Blue Horizontal Accent Stripe.

MOLDINGS:
19: Wide Sill Mouldings
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
E8: Unknown Option
R1: AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
W9: 3 Speed Wipers
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y7: White Vinyl Top

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror

Thoughts on the car, opinions and feedback on things i should "fix" of course shes not anything close to being finished but i would like some feedback on what looks "off" haha...- Also what price would you guys put on her? been thinking of testing the waters in the market. :prayer:

thanks.

I wanna know where you sourced the serpentine setup--I like it

Otherwise...fix the dashpad, restore the steering wheel, freshen the seat covers before the vinyl becomes brittle and flakes away, and drive it. I think it's pretty cool. I'm not a terribly huge fan of the raked look, but it ain't my car...

ONLY MY OPINION though...and you know what they say about opinions.

Price as is? (sigh) man, I'm kinda reluctant to offer any estimate on that because I see these year Barracuda's all over the place on price. I'd have to see the whole car and even then, I'm a cheapskate...

I wanna know where you sourced the serpentine setup--I like it

Otherwise...fix the dashpad, restore the steering wheel, freshen the seat covers before the vinyl becomes brittle and flakes away, and drive it. I think it's pretty cool. I'm not a terribly huge fan of the raked look, but it ain't my car...

ONLY MY OPINION though...and you know what they say about opinions.

Price as is? (sigh) man, I'm kinda reluctant to offer any estimate on that because I see these year Barracuda's all over the place on price. I'd have to see the whole car and even then, I'm a cheapskate...

THE Serpentine belt, someone told me it was from a Dodge Truck - year of the truck i do not recall (newer i think)...sorry.

with the SS rear suspension set up i was going for a higher mean stance but it is definitely a bit high for me 2 inches too high to be exact.... im looking to turning the front hangars up side down for that drop a little later.

thanks for the opinion - will take care of the seats, steering wheel and dash cover for sure.

Estimate, no worries haha' i'm a cheapskate to i guess, that's why my car isn't done yet. :blob: ( i'll put you down as a 6,000?) haha

I'd probably go higher than that, because the car's drivable, in one piece, one color, big block (even if it ain't original, complete interior...

The car has a lot more "right" with it than "wrong" to me anyway...I'd just want to crawl all over it since many of the A bodies for sale do have some measure of cancer and that means bodywork...of which I'm not a fan.

It needs to be fixed on a trailer and sent to me. I will take it off your hands.

redo the fuel line setup, Paint air cleaner, steering wheel has Dodge emblem, little too high in the rear. Replace top dash pad, Not being picky, you asked.

It needs to be fixed on a trailer and sent to me. I will take it off your hands.

haha :burnout: what would you pay? don't be shy. . .

redo the fuel line setup, Paint air cleaner, steering wheel has Dodge emblem, little too high in the rear. Replace top dash pad, Not being picky, you asked.

fuel line set up, this is temp because i was having Vaporlock issues so this was my best outcome for what i was working with.

steerign wheel - dodge center :cheers: good eye ive been meaning to get a fish cap but no luck, dont want to spend too much other than that i can live with the dodge emblem :D

air cleaner - i stripped most of the paint and never decided on what color that's why i'm running it bare.

:angel12: thanks great feedback

yes, I say fix the small stuff, d rive and enjoy it. plenty nice enough car, unless bunch of bad body work hiding. but it is a Ca car.
are you asking how many $$ should you spend on ti to finish it, or how many $$ would us conversative guys give for it!!???? ha

yes, I say fix the small stuff, d rive and enjoy it. plenty nice enough car, unless bunch of bad body work hiding. but it is a Ca car.
are you asking how many $$ should you spend on ti to finish it, or how many $$ would us conversative guys give for it!!???? ha

i have an idea of what i want to spend/put into the car because these coupes aren't as desirable as others at the moment so i don't want to put too much.

so i am asking what you conservative folk would pay for it... :glasses7:

Rear bumper looks bent or is that just a mirage?

Car has a lot of good stuff in it that people would want. Fixing the dash pad, bumper and rear end height might go a long way in getting the price you want.

I'd say it'll go around $16k.

The only thing that sticks out for me is the rear ride height. Other than that I would drive it just the way it is.

Rear bumper looks bent or is that just a mirage?

Car has a lot of good stuff in it that people would want. Fixing the dash pad, bumper and rear end height might go a long way in getting the price you want.

I'd say it'll go around $16k.

Both the front and rear bumpers are damaged as you can see on the photos I tell mysefl they are small dings but they stick out just like the ride height. , no a mirage sadly. :violent1:

The only thing that sticks out for me is the rear ride height. Other than that I would drive it just the way it is.

As soon as i turn the front hangers up side down to get that slight drop ill repost some photos for you guys see if you guys approve. @MRJLR offered to give me a helping hand i will take him up on it soon. :cheers:

i'd say, on the bumpers, if you must replace them, get good used ones. if you keep it to drive, keep those slightly bent ones.

it takes a lot of car to bring $10K around here.

i'd say, on the bumpers, if you must replace them, get good used ones. if you keep it to drive, keep those slightly bent ones.

it takes a lot of car to bring $10K around here.

understood.

Meow Mix says ditch the jacked up ***.

hahaha i knew id get some cat food lovin' folks.
i'm not getting rid of it (the jacked up butt) "butt" i am looking to give her a drop about two inches. :blob:

As soon as i turn the front hangers up side down to get that slight drop ill repost some photos for you guys see if you guys approve. @MRJLR offered to give me a helping hand i will take him up on it soon. :cheers:

The offer still stands.....
Are you seriously thinking about selling????

The offer still stands.....
Are you seriously thinking about selling????

yeah ill come by one of these days and we'll do that, at the moment its on non OP and uninsured. :burnout:

Yeah I've been thinking about it Jeff but its just a thought at this point, truth is I'm a single dad i have my Kid (9yr. old boy) 5 days outta the week i think myself young still and i have all my saving$ wrapped up on my cars and money is tight at the moment.

I have a little 1973 honda CB350F (new daily driver), My commuter 2000 civic Si (clean title) (Was my daily driver) till the motor hit the hay on me and my Barracuda. Here's the Moto.

Don't know what it might bring but it looks nice to me. My 68 decodes like this
TIRES: Unknown tire code
BUILD DATE: October 11.
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade Light Blue Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Bright Blue Metallic Paint.
OTHER: Light Blue Metallic Upper Door Frame Color. Black Horizontal Sport Stripe.
Seeing what it should look like is nice as I'm getting ready to send mine off to get all the body work done including a full repaint. As you can see mine is the same color scheme. I would like to see the back lowered down a bit but thats just me.

Does everything work? All gauges etc. I think 10-12k is a good price as is. Maybe include a new dashpad. I like the color and the old school look of jacked up street machines. The 440 and 8 3/4 and 727 help too, maybe a lil more info on the 440, is it an rv or certain year. People are wanting a lot of money for engine swapped cars here. Especially /-6 to V8, but remember your only gonna get about half of what you have in it. Some don't and their cars don't sell.
Set your price and see what happens.

I think it's a pretty nice car, however the two things that stick out to me are, how high the *** end is raised and that fuel line is annoying. I think you would get about 10k to 10.5 in the condition its in. But don't sell it you will just regret it.

COOL bike, and the rear is not up in the air( sorry, had to say it) LOL

Thanks! I actually just sold it on my way home from work haha ! :cheers: 3k

Don't know what it might bring but it looks nice to me. My 68 decodes like this
TIRES: Unknown tire code
BUILD DATE: October 11.
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade Light Blue Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Bright Blue Metallic Paint.
OTHER: Light Blue Metallic Upper Door Frame Color. Black Horizontal Sport Stripe.
Seeing what it should look like is nice as I'm getting ready to send mine off to get all the body work done including a full repaint. As you can see mine is the same color scheme. I would like to see the back lowered down a bit but thats just me.

Working on the rear. :D thanks nice . I'll look for your finished product once you get her back!

Does everything work? All gauges etc. I think 10-12k is a good price as is. Maybe include a new dashpad. I like the color and the old school look of jacked up street machines. The 440 and 8 3/4 and 727 help too, maybe a lil more info on the 440, is it an rv or certain year. People are wanting a lot of money for engine swapped cars here. Especially /-6 to V8, but remember your only gonna get about half of what you have in it. Some don't and their cars don't sell.
Set your price and see what happens.

Everything did work but I disconnected all to remove dash pad but it was getting to hard for me so I stopped and reconnected everything now all works except the oil and water temp. But as you can see I have those two in the lower left under the dash after market. But everything does in fact work yes... The 440 came off of a 1973 Dodge Charger magnum. RB. All stock I think previous owner didn't give me much to work with as far as car info. He was sad he had sold it.

I think it's a pretty nice car, however the two things that stick out to me are, how high the *** end is raised and that fuel line is annoying. I think you would get about 10k to 10.5 in the condition its in. But don't sell it you will just regret it.

Working on the rear and the fuel line going to get a hard metal fuel line :D thanks that's what I meant I've talked to a ton of older guys and they all tell me that they had one when they were young and sold it thinking they could re buy one any time but never have and always regret selling.....:sign12:

-
Back