1968 dart 270

-

mailman2004

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I may be a little early in joining this site because I am probably 2 years away from starting my project. My dad bought the dart from a friend 25 years ago, he at that fixed up the body and drove the car for several years, he gave me the dart 16 years ago. Due to building a home, getting married, divorced, the dart has gotten neglected, it sets behind my dads body shop, people stop in every couple months and ask to buy it, my dad quickly tells them NO! It is a 1968 Dart 270 hardtop, with a 273 V8 and I believe a 904 auto. The body is still in good shape, just needs a little attention, my plan is a refreshed motor, new interior and wiring, new wheels and tires, I want it to be a daily driver with a little bit of get up and go

Welcome aboard. Sounds like a great project. Pictures?

I don't have any pics I can add at this point but I will work on it, my computer has died so I am doing all this from my iPhone lol

OUCH! Well, when ya can if ya can, looking forward to the shots.

Will do, the other problem is, this is northern Michigan in November, soon the dart will be covered in snow :(

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Lot's of good people and information

Joining now before starting your project can only help motivate you to get going.

Look forward to some pictures.

Ma Snart

My Cuda for your viewing pleasure - More pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC06152.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 208
1322195292.jpg

Just found out that I have a garage space available to me this winter, maybe I will get started a little earlier than planned :D

At least get it up on some blocks if you have to leave it outside......good luck.

My mom wants to know why I want to start this project when I have a truck sitting there with tires going flat, truck is a 1970 C-10 that I bought in 1995, it's 80% there. I told her "because I can start the truck and drive it anytime I want, the Dart needs me"

Tell her that the car means more since it has been in the family longer. Plus its a Mopar. hahaha

-
Back