1968 DART GTS 383 on ebay

-
hmm some pics have a rump stripe, others have a side stripe. something seems a little fishy given the quality of the pictures and info given. :scratch:

Wow, beautiful car but he's asking for $25,000 dollars and gives a description like that? I don't understand some people. :dontknow:

Yeah something aint right with the different stripes, but maybe he posted old pics with new pics?? Email him and ask for a photo of the car with todays newspaper in the pic, so you can see the date in the paper

Spoke to him this weekend, might drive up to have a better look. I agree the ad doesn't justify the price.....what do guy's think?

Attachments

Some non orginal parts on it and a disconected speedo cable.
Still it's 1 of 78 built with 27,000 miles on it, if the description is true.

All of the pics I see show it with the 'Bee stripe .

Looks GREAT to me , at least from here ; motor's painted the correct colour ; unbutchered dash ; correct hub caps ... what's not to like ?

These are the pictures that he sent me of the under carriage.
Just wanted to know if anybody knows the car, he's 6 hours from me and wanted some opinions on the price he's asking. $25,000

Attachments

all that recent sprayed on undercoating in the rear looks fishy

Not knocking this car , but ...

- Banged-up 'K'-Member ( like someone went ape **** with a ballpeen hammer ! )

- Flash Rust-coated trans pan kickin' back under a clean trans case

- The aforementioned slathering of undercoating across the spare tyre well and trunk panels

The 'good' ? ...

- Rest of the under carriage looks nice and untouched

- Looks like the original exhaust , from manifolds - back ( nice scuffing on that exhaust , too ! just as original ; and , no I'm not being sarcastic here :glasses7: )

- Diff pig looks original and unrestored

From what I can ascertain from the provided pics , and being 30,000 miles away from this car , I'd venture to say :
Looks like a very nice driver-quality resto , with definite show-worthiness :D

Not knocking this car , but ...

- Banged-up 'K'-Member ( like someone went ape **** with a ballpeen hammer ! )

- Flash Rust-coated trans pan kickin' back under a clean trans case

- The aforementioned slathering of undercoating across the spare tyre well and trunk panels

The 'good' ? ...

- Rest of the under carriage looks nice and untouched

- Looks like the original exhaust , from manifolds - back ( nice scuffing on that exhaust , too ! just as original ; and , no I'm not being sarcastic here :glasses7: )

- Diff pig looks original and unrestored

From what I can ascertain from the provided pics , and being 30,000 miles away from this car , I'd venture to say :
Looks like a very nice driver-quality resto , with definite show-worthiness :D
Thanks, Alway's good to get a opinion from somedody else eyes.
I'm certainly not dishing this car either. I think it's a good clean driver.
Appreciate everybody's imput.

Does the oil pan look original???? I was told that it looks like a truck oil pan and doesn't seem to have a part number stamped on it and missing a endentation for the center link???

-
Back