-
Status
Not open for further replies.

HemiDart68

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Dodge Dart . 1968 Dart GTS LS23H8 383 4 speed car. 1 of 991 built. This highly optioned dart was restored to its as built specifications. 383 1-4 bbl HP 8 Cylinder. 8-3/4 rear axle (posi added) Sport Trim Black Bucket seats. Rare Rear window defogger. This car runs strong, starts easy and is a joy to drive. The red paint over straight restored body really makes the car stand out. Much of the exterior trim has either been professionally restored or utilizes very high quality original pieces. The interior is restored with new seat covers, carpet, headliner, door panels.
Price - $ 36,000 NO TRADES, please keep low ball offers to yourself, not a forced sale

Attachments

• 68dodge70093-1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,035
Nice ride... Are all the goodies there? Broadcast sheet, fender tag, original engine, transmission? Are all the hard to find things there. radiator, exhaust manifolds, air cleaner etc etc? Was the car done on a rotisserie? under the car as clean as the top?
I understand you do not "need" to sell, but when asking concours pricing pictures do help especially with some Mopar professionals here. What you have stated is expected, a given if you will, with the price tag.

Welcome to FABO BTW!

Having said all that,the car looks astonishing,and I would love to add that big block Dart to my stable. :glasses7:
GLWS

The car came from the factory one wheel peel. The posi was added later on. I made note of posi added becasue the car was restored with all other factory options. As far as we can tell the restoration has the correct pieces. Origional Carb is not on the car and needs rebuilt. The underneath is undercoated and could use some detailing.

I am selling this car for the family of a friend that has passed away. I am doing my best with the info I have. We really could not find too many examples to set a value on the car. I wouldn't read too much into the forced sale comment. If you saw some of the absurd offers from internet tire kickers it would explain the "not a forced sale" comment. The price is a starting point, and can be negotiated somewhat. Fender tag is intact. Broadcast sheet is missing.

I have many detailed pics for interested buyers. Here is a couple for the ad.

Attachments

• 68dodge70093-2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,690
  • 68dodge70093-3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,703
  • 68dodge70093-4.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,676
I have more detailed photos for interested parties.

Attachments

• 68dodge70093-2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,696
  • 68dodge70093-3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,685
  • 68dodge70093-4.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,671
I always get the heebie-jeebies when someone is selling a car for someone else. Do you have a clear title? Took me 5 seconds to find a rough value for you on Hagerty. There are a lot of car pricing guides out there. http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/VehicleSearch/Report?vc=1328173

Car like this paperwork us a must. Cleared from estate, free and clear title. Documentation. Should be in registry? If it isn't a #1 it would be a 2 or less which may have led to the lowball offers. I notice center console delete on 4 speed. Build sheet with car?

OK, I'll be the idiot. Is that an Orange Box (electronic ignition) on the firewall?

That is one bad A$$ car!!!! Looks like R6 red?

You guys need to stop your wining about the rear crap......your know what it is.

That is one bad A$$ car!!!! Looks like R6 red?

You guys need to stop your wining about the rear crap......your know what it is.

The wording of the ad was written for a website that had limited charachters for the advertisement. Only allowed X amount of letters. Sure Grip vs. Posi was 4 vs 8 letter. I copy/pasted the ad into this site. Never would have thought to change it.

I brought up the fact that I am selling the car for an estate because I am honest and want to remain transparent. Even though this is often used against me in negotiations. I wish my friend hadn't died and could sell his car. I have no way to fix that. I also offer this as a partial explanation of why I don't know every single nut and bolt of the build like I would know the cars I have built. I don't think this makes me less of a qualified seller, nor does it make this less of a car. It's a quality piece. Yes it has clear title. the car has fully cleared the estate, and has no holds or leins. It can be legally sold. It will be in registry and build sheet is gone.

Welcome to FABO and good luck with the sale. Looks like somebody will be buying a nice car! tmm

I am sorry for the loss of a friend and hope you find a good home for his car. I can definitely see a labor of love maintaining originality and adding some personal nuance to the car. I think all completely understood what you were saying in your description of the car.
There are casting numbers on the radiator and exhaust manifolds that are specific to vehicle/engine and hard to get. I would add them to the post or the information you have. Also a picture of the fender tag would be helpful, you can blackout the last 3 of VIN if needed.

This is the registry link. A thought also is this person may know someone looking/ request for one as well. So I would get it added or updated if there already. It might help with the sale.
http://gtsregistry67-68.com/

Thanks for answering the questions and sorry for your loss. I would love to make you an offer but I can't touch it at that price. Like Rocky said, get it on the registry...there is always someone there looking for the next one to put in the garage. NC experienced a rash of car sales that were registered as other vehicles in other states. All high dollar rare cars so guidance from the inspector is that the VIN is run before you buy here. The market is as flat as a pancake if not a bit backwards, but this vehicle hasn't really gained over the last 5 or so years. If you aren't in hurry to sell might be best to hold it in storage and take some time seek out the right forum to try to get the price you are looking for..GLWS.

I have seen this car up close and personal a few times. GORGEOUS!

This car belonged to a serious Mopar head porting guy...his other Dart is a 1968 S/S HEMI Dart.

I wish I had the means to own this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back