-
Status
Not open for further replies.

HQ383

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all I cant bring myself to pay the money that web sites are asking for a reproduction set of these. Has anyone got a good set of originals or cheaper repros

I believe you will find the repops cheaper than nice originals unless you get lucky like I did with the pair I bought (late 90s, though) for $60. Nobody else had an opportunity for these, though.

Only one place repros them and other sell the same part... About $350 pr. Even half the price is still expensive. And the ones you find used are pitted up.

I remember used ones selling for $450 pr. only 7 years ago with very little extremely light pitting. But they still needed to be painted orange, black and argent to look fresh. And the chrome wasn't as shiney as new ones.

Used 1969 inserts are cheaper.

good luck ...i started a thread six months ago for the same thing and never recieved a reply. .....i heard there are re-pops in existance but i have yet to find them. :blackeye: :blackeye:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=194698

Need to google the right terms: 68 Dart hood inserts

www.beaparts.com Carries most of the odd stuff. Get a Classic Industries, Year One (expensive to buy), and Dante's Catalog. Hard copy catalogs are a great reference.

Also the ads in Mopar Collectors Guide (MCG), Mopar Action and Mopar Muscle keep you in tune with the new products being released. MCG is best on that subject.

Repops for $345:

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=A&cat=E&subcat=32

315-H68.jpg

there is a thread on this subject--- If i recall-- there is a vendor that finishes the set with the argent texture & the other one has a smooth chrome look. Jefflock has a repo set,
Lawrence

I bought a set of repos off eBay from pg classics. They fit with a little filing to my fiberglass hood. Never tried to put them on a stock hood. They are excellent quality. They have been sitting in my shop and haven't had any pitting which I can't say that for the repop trim on my Chevelle. It looks forty years old even though it's only 3.

it took me 3 years to find a set for a decent price--(just looked over my subscription files)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back