1968 Dodge Dart GT Sleeping Beauty?

-
This project is going to be slow for the next year, but I did place orders today to make sure I have parts going forward. Two big ticket items. Both NA.
Goodmark quarter panel. Out of stock but MFG said they are expected in June.
Seatcovers 68 Color Only - from Classic. Out of stock but expected fairly soon. If I see them by spring of 2023, I should be OK.
Other main items: Headliner, Seat Foam, Gas Tank, Dash Vents, Body Deck Patch Panel and Passenger Trunk Floor Extension. Last was a Sherman Trunk Floor - Spare Tire Well replacement metal.
I have a few other items I am trying to source. Arm Rest Pads - Red unobtainium The rest of what I need I am not expecting to be hard to secure when needed.
The plan is to get the body work done by the fall in time for the painter. Spring mechanical work, Brakes Suspension Motor and Transmission.

Last edited:
This is the First Dodge or Mopar that I have owned other than some company cars. It is not the first Mopar to grace my garage.
1969 A12 2700 Miles Fully Documented 440/6 with an Automatic
ryGLerY.jpg

d8oQmap.jpg

All 3 have been here.
Demon, Hemi Cuda and Dodge Dart. (I will share more on this car as it is very special.)

Ju8z4sa.jpg

If you like A12. Picture was when it was in MN before coming to VA This is a 4 speed.

Last edited:
O2N2CDp.jpg

Maybe my all time favorite. Another shot before this car came to Virginia.
426 Hemi 4 Speed Bahama Yellow 38K? All original survivor. Unfortunately for me this car just left in another trade.
Rc0GP7A.jpg

tJDodxZ.jpg

1970 Hemi Cuda 4 Speed Survivor. Just added date coded original tires.
NsmY6pY.jpg

This was at MCACN several years ago.

Demon.jpeg
Demon 1.jpeg

1972 Dodge Demon GSS Paxton Supercharger.
We have the original paperwork from the order to Dodge, Factory Acknowledgement, Del Sheets, Invoices, Sales Contract, GSS Conversion, Shop Forms, Warranty Papers and more.
Magazine car covers and Mr Norm himself.
It came out of a private collection today and has not been seen since maybe 1996?

Another Favorite. Best Driving Car. So smooth and really pretty quick.
1970 Challenger T/A 340/6 I think this was an automatic. Former owner had to have it back. Parchment with Green maybe the worst color combo ever, but it worked. See the red clay. I left it on there to take to Cars and Coffee. Former owner did clean up the motor which was a mistake. It would have been better all original. Car was not worth doing a frame off, so it was driven as is. It was way cooler this way. IMP

AAR.jpeg

AAR 1.jpeg

AAR 3.jpeg

Last edited:
B7 on the Cuda. I don't think so, Jamacia Blue? Just not sure. It is Original paint. Even the Mufflers are correct. One item is not but it has to do with it being a California Car and Smog.

Last One. This one shakes the ground. When you crank it up it feels like it is dancing on all 4 tires. It is not much fun to drive stoplight to stoplight but it really rolls. I think it is a very scary car to drive and lots of people have found out that the older Vipers will bite you if you don't pay attention.
1998-dodge-viper-gts-r.jpg

1998 Dodge Viper GTS-R No. 15 of 100 built. King Snake, 800hp 6 Speed

1998 GTS-R \ This Viper underwent a King Snake conversion built by TNT Motorsports and puts out 800 HP. If you are looking for a Viper of all Viper's in 1998, this was your car. This beast puts 703.0 ft lbs @ 4500 rpm to the ground and that is impressive for any vehicle. They sold for an amazing $145,171.00 dollars and that was over 20 years ago!
The Racing heritage of the GTS-R was amazing. It won 23 constructor's championships and 24 driver's championships. It was a dominant contender in 1998 and 1999.
This specific King Snake has very few miles on it and has been used for recreational weekend cruising more than anything else. This is Car Number: 15 of 100 GTS-R's built. Making this car even rarer is the King Snake upgrades. On public roads, the King Snake is boisterous and brutal letting everyone know you are coming and going!

There was impressive acceleration numbers and equally impressive braking performance.
0 – 60 mph ~3.6 seconds
0 – 100 mph ~7.2 seconds
0 – 1/4 mile ~11.4 seconds
Top Speed ~208mph

hcallaway, I am in awe! So many pieces of Mopar history! You're on top of the world!

hcallaway, I am in awe! So many pieces of Mopar history! You're on top of the world!
Access and a great friend. My 68 Dart is my first Mopar. I have 2 major and 1 minor car projects going on. That’s why this one will take a while.My youngest son has taken an interest in this car so maybe it will speed up.

Another Favorite. Best Driving Car. So smooth and really pretty quick.
1970 Challenger T/A 340/6 I think this was an automatic. Former owner had to have it back. Parchment with Green maybe the worst color combo ever, but it worked. See the red clay. I left it on there to take to Cars and Coffee. Former owner did clean up the motor which was a mistake. It would have been better all original. Car was not worth doing a frame off, so it was driven as is. It was way cooler this way. IMP

View attachment 1715901757

View attachment 1715901758

View attachment 1715901759
Does that now belong to Nick from Nicks Garage?

Removing trim and getting a game plan for the body.
Passenger wheel arch.
B546536D-4212-46B5-8099-ABD25706E362.jpeg

Cut panel below the trim clips
41F8025F-3DBB-4A2D-B5B1-C604F1A07EB1.jpeg

Drivers wheel arch.
914376BC-862A-498A-8ABC-450EE4A720C6.jpeg

Drivers front fender access
F565D980-3027-43F2-A3C0-88D03E2B0F74.jpeg

Hidden trash
28CB89A3-B5D2-4D77-B37B-55E4348F7ECD.jpeg

Passenger side was much cleaner
202AD900-96E9-4905-A453-7E0B0183B897.jpeg

Parts are on order. Game plan is in place for the repairs. I have some great resources and friends. One is Robert Masi Custom Muscle Car Restoration | Specialty Hot Rods | Parts who lives eats and breaths Mopars. He will do my AC conversion and anything else I can talk him into. He came and inspected the Dart and gave some great advice on the direction I need to go. Also today I took the Dart to my painter and more importantly good friend, Sean Weyant who owns 7th Gear Paint and Body. He agreed slide me in to paint the engine compartment when the motor is pulled, prior to the body work and repair. Lastly I was able to drop the Dart off at a local racers shop to pull the motor and transmission. I have been trying for a month to free the motor to no avail.

With the carpet out the floor were in great shape. Hard to believe the car was in NJ for most if not all of it's life.
D0u7YZf.jpg

rJ7x8TT.jpg

p1XN5YN.jpg

I also addressed the motor issue. I was finally successful on FB Marketplace and found what should be a good motor.
hZvkhHt.jpg

Running when pulled from a 1970 Satellite several years ago. We started it the other day so I know it still runs. Complete from air cleaner to oil pan, all linkages original and included. $550 or best offer (We met in the middle at $500 and he is dropping it off at my brothers in NC.)
VizF5Kh.jpg

1970 318 with 75-78K Miles, it was bought from a friend for another Dart V8 Conversion. It sat in a garage for 8+- years.

Last edited:
E0659656-3A5E-4206-986D-82C260A0C5B1.jpeg
0E3022E6-7FE4-49EC-A4BC-847B634FED4F.jpeg
I am pretty sure these are the original factory floor mats. They will clean up with a little effort.

-
Back