1968 "H" code Fastback Formula S Barracuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 67 would be easier to fudge on as far as putting a date coded engine back in and reestablishing some real value in the car. In 67 they hadn`t started a "matching number" system yet where each part of the drivetrain had an ID number to match it to the car. In 68 they started numbering the drivetrain. A large part of the value of an original big block A-body is in the parts that are unique to the cars. Items such as the K-member, oil pan, exhaust manifolds, air cleaner, hood call outs, radiator, and torque shaft can bring a few thousand dollars alone. Unfortunately these are the first parts that are usually gone. If you don`t plan on restoring the car then those parts won`t matter but if you want to put some value back in the car then those are some of the parts to look for. From your early posts it sounds like you just want to have fun, so find something to fit in there and go for it. Just some food for thought though. Keep us posted.

If you don`t plan on restoring the car then those parts won`t matter but if you want to put some value back in the car then those are some of the parts to look for. From your early posts it sounds like you just want to have fun, so find something to fit in there and go for it. Just some food for thought though. Keep us posted.

Well, the resto idea WAS my main consideration. But since it was so butchered up, and so many OEM parts are missing; I told the guy No Thanks. It would make a great street/strip car, but probably never a resto that goes up in value. hadahemi : Car is a 1969, thanks for the offer on the engine though. Hope you & gag reach a mutual deal.
Thanks guys, and I still plan to post pics of my 66 Dart GT conv. soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back