1968 Hemi Charger!

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I was able to locate a 1968 Factory Hemi Charger.

Factory yellow w/black vinylroof. 426, automatic on the column, buddy seat, power steering and power brakes.

The car was imported to Sweden and since 1974 it has rolled up some 20 miles!!!!

Besides a repaint and an engine overhauling the car is as it left Hamtramck! Wearing it orginal vinylroof and interior and it's still in mint condition.

Fat Pos-A Traction tires at the back and some old Goodyear tires up on Shelby slotted mags.

Talk about old school!

Attachments

• DSC_0190.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,153
  • DSC_0191.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,099
  • DSC_0184.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,253
  • DSC_0185.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,137
Man, what a beauty......I just wanna touch it! I can only imagine what he paid in '74!

Thats it Ulf, i'm gonna visit you in Sweden so I can see all these cool mopars you tell me about :glasses7:

wow rolling history lesson,my favorite year(and engine) charger.:glasses7:

VERY COOL!!!!!! What's the whole story on the car? How did you "locate it"? Is it for sale there?

Thats it Ulf, i'm gonna visit you in Sweden so I can see all these cool mopars you tell me about :glasses7:

Keith! You are more then welcome!

The story about the car;

The car was bought in New York in 1974 with two other hemi cars and one Superbird. The cars were shipped to Sweden with Transatlantic that is ACL today.

In 1974 the HemiChaarger was in a dragrace competition in Anderstorp. The car was then parked until 1986 when todays owner bought it. He repainted the car and overhauled the engine. After that the car was parked! Two years ago he took the car for a spin. He dida 8 mile trip. After that he parked it!

And now the car might end up for sale.........! I have started the conversation with him so we'll see what happens!!

:burnout::burnout:

I stopped by there last night and started it up! Man, it sounded sweet. Next issue is where to locate the money for it!!!!!!

The seller has agreed not to sell it to someone else but is not in the mood for seeling it right now. But we are making progress......

:burnout:

-
Back