1968 Hemi Dart

-

ww2

Reaction score
I've been working on this for about 9 months now. Car is about 1 month or so from completion. Lots of original parts including real SS seats and brackets, mirror delete, intake and carbs, vintage blue box, vintage Hurst five spoke front wheels and correct passenger side air box. Will post some more pics later. Fired up the motor on Saturday for the first time since the dyno session. P.S.-not the car in my avatar

033.jpg

034.jpg

008.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

pgr4.jpg

headers1.jpg

headers9.jpg

Very nice. I gotta ask....is it an original Hemi Dart?

Sweet! Can't wait to see this one done. Hemi+Dart=bad to the bone. Nice work she is looking good.

Good looking job man! Subscribed for sure!!!

Do u have the hemi wheel template

I'm blind. I didn't even notice the wheel wells weren't cut. LMAO.

very nice!!! You gonna add subframe connectors? from that one pic it doesnt look like they are there...

A couple more pics and some answers to the questions. This is not an original Hemi Dart rather it is an attempt to make as faithful a reproduction as possible. The car does have the correct torque boxes, the wheel wells are cut to the original specifications and since the cars did not come from Hurst with subframe connectors I will not be installing any.

019 (7).JPG

003 (6).jpg

004 (6).jpg

005 (6).jpg

006 (6).jpg

pgr2.jpg

Thanks guys for the positive comments. Will post some more recent pics as they become available.

Very nice looking car!! I myself am building one....should be done early next year. Who's K-member and Headers are those??

The headers were custom made to the car locally. The K Frame was made by a friend of mine. He takes a standard K Frame and correctly positions the hemi mounts.

-
Back