1968 Valiant Signet

-

68valiantrat

Reaction score
Hey all, My name is kevin and my ride is a 1968 plymouth valiant signet.

The car was my grandma's daily driver for 25 years but sat every winter because she is a snow bird and fly's to Florida. The car has 98,000 original miles on it, and has been off the road sitting for about 4 years... 5 years ago we ripped the motor apart and replaced all the seals and whatnot but used the same internal parts as they were in GREAT condition. unfortunately the body was starting to rust out and it was taken off the road where it has sat until now due to lack of space to work on it!

Now I have the space to start working on this rusty, beat up canvas and im gonna be doing it as cost efficient as possible. Its not going to be a show worthy trailer queen by any means.. I really like the rat rod style with rough lines and flat paint. Its gonna be a winter/spring project and I hope to have it on the road by summer..

The biggest obstacle I have is going to be the body work, the floor on the drivers and passenger sides are both rotten to the core its in bad shape! the rockers are pretty busted too... trunk floor is solid tho... fender support on the passenger side needs to be replaced and there are misc holes around the wheel wells so needles to say im gonna be busy with the body

I look forward to utilizing the resources that this forum has to offer from all of the members knowledge and will post some pics later this week

Cheers!

Welcome! I am fairly new here as well, but already finding out there are some great folks on here and endless knowledge to boot. Sounds like you have an awesome project, look forward to hearing more!

Welcome Kevin. Sounds like you'll have have your work cut out for you.....lol. I love the "square" Valiant's. The work will make you appreciate it even more. Lot's of help will be here for you and you'll make some friends along the way. Good luck with your project :thumblef:.

Welcome to FABO. If you look in the memebers resto thread you will see many 67-9 owners restoring theirs & maybe youi can get some ideas on yours. PS post pics :)

Welcome, I'm new here too. for mopars this is the place.

Welcome to FABO.
Yeah, pix would be great, i can't believe nobody else has mentioned it.

Welcome to the best damn Mopar site on the interweb!!! Sounds like a cool car.....now, about those pics...........:glasses7:

68 valiant... my favorite A body. Welcome aboard... and unless you havent noticed. We get antsy for pics.

PIC US!

-
Back