-
Status
Not open for further replies.

2shelbys

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Well guys, I am very reluctantly putting my car up for sale. It is a 1969 Barracuda 383 Formula S Coupe 4-speed. It has it's original numbers-matching engine and trans, but has a Dana 60 in place of the original rear. Galen Govier documented the car for me back in the early 90s. He did a fender tag rebuild and repro window sticker for me. He said that depending on the factory, not all the codes appeared on the fender tag. I guess he knows. It still has all of it's original glass (tinted all windows) and all the paint is original except for the hood and trunk panel. The interior is all original except for the carpet. The body numbers on the core support and trunk lip match the VIN. As far as I know it still has all of it's original lights and bulbs too. The car has almost 18,000 original miles on it. I have owned it since May of 1982 and I have talked to all of the previous owners, including the original owner, who I am still in contact with and his brother (the second owner) who lives about 5 minutes away. The car was raced on the street and track and didn't see much street. The original engine has 12.1 to 1 compression, a solid lifter cam (not sure which one but it is thought to be the purple shaft .528 lift cam), and the original heads have had extensive work done. All this was done in 1970. The bad is that the car has fenderwell headers which isn't such a problem now that inner fenders are readily available, the rear wheel opeinings were cut about ½ inch wider at the front to accommodate slicks, and as those of you who know me are aware, the car was hit in the right front fender and door by an imbecile at Carlisle a few years ago. This is why I am selling it. I do not have the money to repair or restore it and in this economy I do not see me having it in the next several years. The car is starting to show some surface rust underneath and in the trunk (all very minor) and I just do not feel that I can continue to let the car sit and deteriorate. It just isn't right. It is probably the nicest un-restored '69 383 S around, even with the damage. It has a great group of options. Black with red sports strips is rare enough but also with a tan deluxe interior, 3.91 sure-grip, sport steering wheel, undercoating, locking gas cap, etc. I really do not want to sell this car but the combination of not wanted to see it deteriorate having to recently pay for the funeral of our baby has convinced me that it is time. In spite of the damage, it is a beautiful and rare car, and it can be fixed or completely restored while staying well within it's finished value so I am not giving it away. I am going to put it on Ebay for $15,000. I will put myself at a disadvantage and tell you right up front that I will come off my price to see the car end up in the hands of someone who will do the right thing with it. Call it a FABO discount. I shot E-Mails to Norm Verhage and Tom Frenchek about it. The car is just north of Baltimore, not far from Carlisle, so if you are going to be there this weekend and want to drop by let me know.

Steve

Cuda3.jpg

Cuda4.jpg

Cuda17.jpg

Cuda15.jpg

Cuda18.jpg

Cuda10.jpg

What a nice car, I always liked this one! Sorry you have to sell it and even more sorry about the loss of your baby. Hope this car goes to a nice home, good luck

First off my condolensces to your family. Prayers sent for you.
Beautiful rare car and I am sure it wont last long at that price!
Best of luck

pm me if it doesn't sell , we may be able to work something out as far as prepaying but taking delivery later in August when I travel to Ontario for moparfest .

My condolences on the loss of your baby. I hope you get every penny you are asking for a great car. Hope it goes to the right person as well. Good luck with the sale.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers are sent your way. Hope you find a buyer. The car looks great.

***UPDATE*** The car must not want to be sold. For the first time in 30 years it won't start. No spark. Not sure why.

I have a pretty good offer from someone I have known for 35 years. The only guy I have ever let work on the car. He is the top MOPAR guy in town and was a friend of the original owner. I haven't accepted it yet but unless a better one comes in he is going to get it.

IMHO, i would sell it to the guy who you know, it may be a little less than what you were hoping to get but it sounds like he will "do the right thing", plus you could always work out a deal with the guy if he ever decides to sell it you have first rights of refusal, giving you access to the car in the future, just my 2 cents worth.......good luck with your sale, and sorry to hear about your loss

Sorry about the lose of you'r baby. I'm interested in buying your car, if it wasn't sold yet. It would look nice by my 66 Dart GT convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back