1969 Barracuda Rocker Molding Clips

-

Bill Aldridge

Reaction score
Greetings! My Formula S Fastback "did" have rocker moldings, but since my painter tossed them about 8 years ago, and they are now not available, I had to go a different route.
I've purchased a pair of reproduced 1971-1974 Dart/Duster "wide" rocker moldings, which I knew were too long. My plan is to reduce the length to fit properly.

I was happy to learn the moldings are the same construction as the originals, and the original clips will work. I need a total of 18 clips, but only have 13 good ones. The Mopar part number for the clip is: 6002840.

Does any one have one or two they would like to sell? Or a bunch? Or any ideas of where I could find them or a substitute? I've tried most of the links around with no luck.

The clips are a pretty neat design, as the clip is installed first four segment "expanding" mechanism inserted in the 5/16" holes in the rocker. Then the plastic sliding pin is pushed flush to the outside surface, expanding the flange and locking the clip in place. The trim just slips over the beveled edges and is held in place.

I've seen some guys just glue them in place, which may be a solution, but I'd like to try the original clip route if possible. Any help is appreciated.
Best,

Bill
1969Rockermoldclipinsideview.JPG
1969Rockermoldclipoutsideview.JPG
1969Rockermoldclipsideview.JPG

There have been other people on here looking for pics of the original clips! Thanks for the pics and let us know what you find.

There have been other people on here looking for pics of the original clips! Thanks for the pics and let us know what you find.
I am fairly confident the 71-74 Dart/Duster Rocker "Wide" Molding is the same cross section as the 1969 Rocker Molding. As such, I measured the Dart/Duster Molding and the Clips, and Alas....they should work great!
71-74DusterDartRockerMoldingCrossSectionMeasurements.JPG

I am fairly confident the 71-74 Dart/Duster Rocker "Wide" Molding is the same cross section as the 1969 Rocker Molding. As such, I measured the Dart/Duster Molding and the Clips, and Alas....they should work great! View attachment 1715094028
FYI: Pictures of the Dart/Duster Trim, with the slight angle on the ends to match the wheel well trim.
DartDusterRockerMolding.JPG
DartDusterRockerMoldingInside.JPG

Did you have any luck finding these clips? I need some too.

Did you have any luck finding these clips? I need some too.
I had zero luck with anyone having to "original" clips. I am in Palm Springs area for the winter, but had purchased some "generic" clips before I left. Won't know if they work till next May.

Do you have the original rocket moldings for a 69 Barracuda? If so, please tell me the lengths at the short side and long side? Please???

I have a 1970 Sport Satellite, they use the same clips.

I had zero luck with anyone having to "original" clips. I am in Palm Springs area for the winter, but had purchased some "generic" clips before I left. Won't know if they work till next May.

Do you have the original rocket moldings for a 69 Barracuda? If so, please tell me the lengths at the short side and long side? Please???
I found new molding trim NOS but not fastners yet thinking these Chevy clips I got may work my trim is for 67 but more than likely same as yours I will measure and send dimensions my man

-
Back