1969 BB 4-speed Barracuda Formula S

-
Not being overly critical because the panel does look good, but the red seems slightly off from the Totally Auto red....perhaps it is the light.

Also I would think that before I installed the dash pad I would have masked and resprayed the dash frame. To each their own, I guess.

Also, you should pull up that carpet and let us have a look at the floor.

we did the top just have not did front and sides of dash , wanted to take it completely out but would have had to pull the windsheild.

Attachments

• IMG_1524.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 332
here is a shot of floor the carpet was like glued down with spray adheisive.
NICE and solid!

Attachments

• IMG_1525.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 360
Intersting thing when looking at underside noted that the Torgue boxes are filled like the sixpack and Hemi cars tho I have seen this on newer dusters in the 71-74's. Is this norm because it was a Big block car?

Attachments

• IMG_1533.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_1536.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_1537.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 367
Not being overly critical because the panel does look good, but the red seems slightly off from the Totally Auto red....perhaps it is the light.

Also I would think that before I installed the dash pad I would have masked and resprayed the dash frame. To each their own, I guess.

Also, you should pull up that carpet and let us have a look at the floor.

Its hard to be critical on this car as my son (15) is doing most everything on it and having a BLAST! I know it deserves better but we do not have alot invested in it and yet his enthusiasm on working on a BIG BLOCK A-Body is High...So I am letting him run with it.:burnout:

Someone put a lot of work in the underside of hood to make braces that matched the hood pretty nice. All square tubing bent to match.

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 356
My son sanded the engine compartment but I think we are going to sand blast the remaining to get all the nucks and crainnies.

Attachments

• IMG_1526.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 348
Intersting thing when looking at underside noted that the Torgue boxes are filled like the sixpack and Hemi cars tho I have seen this on newer dusters in the 71-74's. Is this norm because it was a Big block car?

Not sure what you mean by "torque boxes filled"? The rear torque box you show is the normal one used on these cars. Does it have the front torque boxes?

just thought most A-bodies I'vehad have torgue boxes like this pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1547.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 349
Wow that cleaned up nicely! Nice find! There are not too many factory high performance Notches out there and even less if you consider the 4 speed.

Its sure looks pretty presentable as is. What are you going to do? Maybe get it running with any big block? My buddy just used the TTI headers with a 440 and 4 speed. Its all tight but it it fits. A 400 looks just like a 383 and will stroke out to 451 all the way up to 512 pretty easily!

If you get it together and running, you might get inspired to take it apart sometime down the road and do a restoration of some sort. That's what I hope to do with mine in the future.

just thought most A-bodies I'vehad have torgue boxes like this pic.
That is your every day standard spring mount on any /6, 318, even 340 automatic cars. On your 383 that extra piece welded in is the "torque box" meaning the spring mount is boxed in for more rigidity and prevent body twist. All convertibles have them. Some people call them convertible boxes?

Heres the trunk cleaned out...all the parts still have to wash it out.

Attachments

• IMG_1549.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 308
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/3116744448.html

I was going to let the OP post this, but I figured that I will post that it is at present out there for $8.5k for interested parties...not sure why it is not posted in the For Sale forum here (I have my suspicions)...I would think the exposure would be better. I will give you the 3k you stated you paid for it earlier in the thread and you can keep the 67 383 and 4 speed, Cragers, and put the steel wheels back on.

Post pics of the convertible your are interested in. Anything remarkable about it? Good luck with the sale.

Here is the conv. bought it Friday...Had one back in the 80's

I know Bowtie but it was a fun car...

Attachments

• IMG_1554.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 310
Well, looks like there is some OG sunfire yellow paint on the underside of the trunklid and the trunk area...it should clean up pretty well.

Nice find on the Camaro. Your son and you are going to be busy...looks like that one has no drivetrain as well...but it is a convertible so that helps, and unlike your Cuda, I think you could build that car in its entirety from the ground up if you wanted to and had the $$. Its a 68 correct?

engine compartment before and after.

He blasted it and cleaned it and primed with etching primer. the paint was a single stage premix put in a spray can..Rattle can job but looks cleaner than before.

Attachments

• IMG_1448.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_1569.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 290
Found a rally guage cluster LOCAL that was heater only and not cut out around the radio holes. $300. The Alt guage was fried on mine also.

Attachments

• IMG_1580.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_1581.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 280
Phil, i guess that's your name??? I just added this one to my stable, i posted about it on the first page after my T5 car i already owned..........Original paint black car, deluxe saddle interior, RED sport stripe, console 4 speed. So i know of 5 of the 53 built!! Own 2 of them........Yours is looking great, keep your son going on it!!!!!! Any questions on these cars just PM me, Dave

Attachments

• Cuda 3.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 285
  • cuda carlisle.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 296
  • Cuda 8.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 270
That is a KEEPER! I love original unmolested cars. Don't ever paint it you will get way more attention with it , Black and red it the ultimate color combo.

I see the radio is thumbwheel, I guess I did not remember that when I bought the dash assembly I'm putting in mine...

The '69 Barracuda instrument clusters have the emergency flasher switch in the upper left hand corner and thumb wheels as you have seen. Those two bezels you have are for '70 and up cars. The bezels are reproduced.

Also, the M25 rocker molding is rare on the '69 Barracuda. But the '71 and up Duster had the same molding except 1/2" longer but it will fit and that moldingis being reproduced by BA&E. The molding clips are not reproduced but the Duster and Scamp used the same clips. Scamp molding looks the same but its 3" longer then Barracuda/Duster and won't fit.

-
Back