1969 Cuda A57 4 speed Whats it worth ?

-
Have a friend with a 64 Avanti that is very nice survivor supercharged 289

Another friend and I were taking about it and he said if you restore it, it will cost almost as much to restore his solid car as a rougher car, the difference is the cost to purchase.

The guy that owns the 67 GTX that is known as theSilver Bulliet in Detroit told me that it cost as much to restore a slant 6 car as it does a muscle car, but the value of the muscle car is greater so the purchase price is the difference.

To make a totally restored car the interior will need restored, if not the interior will not look as good as the exterior. If you do not do the chrome it will not look as good as the paint. If you do not do the suspension it will not drive good.

So to think you can clean up a interior and restore the rest, you will probably be disappointed and do it any way.

If it is a number matching big block with the correct parts will be a big plus and add value to the car. But just because it is doesn't make it worth a restored price.

Offer accordingly to the shape and finished value. You will always spend more to restore it than what it will be worth. One being the A Bodies just don't bring the $$$$ the E Bodies do.

Pictures would be nice

I hope you can buy this car and be happy with the outcome. It is your money, depending on if it is what you want, sometimes money isn't the only determining factor.

As mentioned above, restoring an A body done mostly for the enjoyment of doing the work and the love of the car. If you intend to keep the car and you love it, the cost of restoration isn't as much of a factor. It's a different story if you purchase the car with hopes of flipping it for profit.

If anyone would like more info, let me know, car also has these parts NOS: gas tank, tail light assemblies, tail panel, grill surrounds(chrome) grills,head light bezels, parking lighassemblies,emblems, shift ball, cat whiskers, front and rear side marker assemblies. L and r r outside door handles, gas cap shifter boot
Bought from PG Classics: dash instument cluster bezel complete ,chrome console top plate,d door panel armrest plates, armrest (thought I didn't have them but I did) outside mirrors,extra set of side marker lenses,
Car also has extra trunk lid ( minor rust )
Mint dash pad.
Car is all numbers matching and missing nothing.has all of its original components it came with
Every thing works and runs and drives

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 215
Underside of car has never been under coated, and is rust free

Attachments

• image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 192
looks like my 68 I posted for sale on here last year.
white on white 383 4 speed with red line tires, very nice driver.
2 b sheets, window sticker.
I got no were near 30 for it.
if you haven't tried to sell one its easy to say it will bring 40k all day long.

I have seen the car 15,000 to 18,000

with all that's included and condition 15-18k leaves meat on the bone if you send it down the road , cars like these are tough to comp as they are few and far between anymore , ive got separation anxiety after all that was lost in my divorce , if I went by internet list prices I could count myself very wealthy with all the rusty old daydreams im staring at while tooling up...I wouldn't sleep on that one if your wanting a bigblock a body

If anyone would like more info, let me know, car also has these parts NOS: gas tank, tail light assemblies, tail panel, grill surrounds(chrome) grills,head light bezels, parking lighassemblies,emblems, shift ball, cat whiskers, front and rear side marker assemblies. L and r r outside door handles, gas cap shifter boot
Bought from PG Classics: dash instument cluster bezel complete ,chrome console top plate,d door panel armrest plates, armrest (thought I didn't have them but I did) outside mirrors,extra set of side marker lenses,
Car also has extra trunk lid ( minor rust )
Mint dash pad.
Car is all numbers matching and missing nothing.has all of its original components it came with
Every thing works and runs and drives

I think A4 silver is a good color with all the black 'Cuda steiping. What color is the interior?

I'd probably say no more than $8,000. You said it is a numbers matching car which really gives it a good value there. Personally I would talk the one guy down a little more due to body work it will need for a restoration. Offer him like $6,500 maybe? Hopefully it runs and drives fairly well!

I'd probably say no more than $8,000. You said it is a numbers matching car which really gives it a good value there. Personally I would talk the one guy down a little more due to body work it will need for a restoration. Offer him like $6,500 maybe? Hopefully it runs and drives fairly well!

That's completely unrealistic for a 383 4 spd 69 Barracuda 'Cuda model in A4 silver that has all docs, complete, and running with only quarter panel rust. You must not be very familiar with these cars.

A 'Cuda model with 383 or 340 is more desirable than a similar motor, trans, color '69 Formula S model. The question is how much.

I think 10% to 20% more than a 383 or 340 Formula S on the restored end.

lou, looks like your paying between 7 and 12 k for it.
next year when its done let us know how much you have in it.
good luck.

Problem with a rare optioned low production car is that to get to the value of a restored car, you need to do everything to a higher standard to validate the value! If a comparable can be found and it is valued at $60k as a restored car, your restoration will have to equal that standard, and that's where it quickly becomes expensive! Add the price of purchase to the restoration cost, and this car would quickly out value it's worth, hence the labor of love connotations above! It's a nice car, looks like a great start, but still needs to be totally restored to be worth what it could be worth! Just the paint alone can be easily north of $10k, before counting any body work!!

I have a friend that has a one of 42 big block 68 convertible, all original paint! He's afraid to touch the car because of the level of restoration that a rare car calls for!! He sprayed some Kaboom or some modern cleaner on the drivers door handle and burned the paint off around the handle!! Could've had the only car with original paint out there, but now needs to have it painted...no more original paint!! Value headed down, cost of restoration headed up!!!

IMO, You gotta have wanted one of these cars forever to warrant buying one, and the level of restoration will keep you from enjoying it due to the rarity! I'm not saying don't buy it, but you gotta consider all of the factors involved!! Me?? I would buy it and drive it just like it is!!!

Don't know if I mentioned there is an extra trunk lid that goes with the car. The brakes are all new also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 147
Looks like all the right parts are there!

I would give 12 for it easy knowing what the resto will cost!

Lord knows I spent more than that to fix a S auto car!

That car is rare, numbers matching, rust free, and has some very hard to find no parts. It's worth a heck of a lot more than 8g. 12 would be a steal if u could get it for that.I've been offered 12 for mine and it's got rusty quarters, no fender tag and not all those nos parts.

I guess that should be the question here....is it worth the asking price??

I want to thank everyone for adding there comments and trying to be helpful. I flew from PA to Florida to see this car. The asking price is $25,500. After looking at the car, it was not all that I hoped for. However, the car is the real deal. I offered the owner $ 18,000. Its a shame the car was not in better condition, because I really wanted the car. If anyone has any questions about the car you can PM me. I spent half a day looking at it.

I want to thank everyone for adding there comments and trying to be helpful. I flew from PA to Florida to see this car. The asking price is $25,500. After looking at the car, it was not all that I hoped for. However, the car is the real deal. I offered the owner $ 18,000. Its a shame the car was not in better condition, because I really wanted the car. If anyone has any questions about the car you can PM me. I spent half a day looking at it.

That car needs someone who can do most all of the work themselves, or owns a big shop and can run it through the system to be considered at that price, not on the average enthusiasts budget!! Sorry the deal didn't work out, but, you may hear from him again!!!!

-
Back