1969 Daily Driver

-
When these things were new in 1960, those stamped rocker arms were an engineering marvel.
They still are, other then OE additions of roller followers(OHC) and tips, there hasn't been anything made better since. Only the absence of jam-nuts to make sure the "friction" held screws stay put make them less than perfect for the task they were given.

Hmmmmmm What is going on here?

20181209_163510.jpg

20181209_163519.jpg

So here is question of the day, Do I try and get this 200 4R trans and 8 3/4 rear end in before the zip tie drags??????? Or do I just leave it alone with the same set up just engine change, exhaust and super six since last year????? And then leave the over drive trans for 2020 so I have three different times from each upgrade. My base line is 23.3 second 1/4 mile time and that was with a 300,000 mile slant six, single barrel carb, HEI upgrade, distributor re-curve, and 2 1/4 exhaust up grade. Any input would be nice.

Check over on B Bodies. One member did the 200R4 behind a Slant in a 66 Belvedere. A search should bring it up. He did allot of other Slant mods too.

Dart270 over on slantsix dot org, did the 200r4 slant six conversion, and has many miles and drag passes, on it. If I remember correctly, drives to the track, runs mid 12's in the 1/4 mile, and drives home (several hundred miles), and gets mid 20's MPG

Dart270 over on slantsix dot org, did the 200r4 slant six conversion, and has many miles and drag passes, on it. If I remember correctly, drives to the track, runs mid 12's in the 1/4 mile, and drives home (several hundred miles), and gets mid 20's MPG

This is purely a daily driver that i am taking to the track just to get a quantitative number for improvements. I get 21-23mph right now and want that 25mpg or higher since I drive this thing ALOT. Plus this will help the around town mileage.

^^^ Yep, Lou drove his Dart from Virginia to Las Vegas,raced it then drove it to California to race and back to Virginia again.I kept it for him for a few weeks .

We all know that the first thing you do when you own one of these cars is get rid of Alt meter. But what do you do if you want to keep the stock look but have some way to keep track of the charging system. Well I had some old meters laying around so I opened one up and low and behold the two screws line up with the factory rivets. Since I had to pop off the needle anyways I set it so 12 volts is straight up. Next I am going to get a oil gauge with the light in the other side. This way if you did not know any better it will look stock.

20181216_120511.jpg

20181216_120530.jpg

20181216_120542.jpg

20181216_120609.jpg

20181216_120617.jpg

20181216_120706.jpg

Last edited:
I have one more that I did not post........could it be that Crower could be........maybe........might be, making slant six rockers soon???

20181216_121826.jpg

20181216_121831.jpg

That would be nice.

This is just the first test fit for lining up, or making sure the arm length is correct, so on and so on. Th believe the real ones will have a bushing pressed in the Aluminum, I might even make a billet one, who knows.

I'm glad someone is thinking out of the box.Now there are good roller rockers out already, I believe T&D.BUT most people can't afford them.Not on a Slant Six budget.

I'm glad someone is thinking out of the box.Now there are good roller rockers out already, I believe T&D.BUT most people can't afford them.Not on a Slant Six budget.

These will be something that you will be putting on a stock shaft so it will just be rockers and spacers for the sale. So yeah going to keep price as cheap as possible for sure.

So I changed the alt to a voltmeter and now I just added an oil pressure gauge. I am also going to install an oil light in the stock location. It is still not done I just have the fit so far.

20181223_170526.jpg

20181224_110310.jpg

20181224_110319.jpg

20181224_110359.jpg

any idea if or when the rockers might be for sale to the public? I could use a replacement for my worn stockers.

any idea if or when the rockers might be for sale to the public? I could use a replacement for my worn stockers.

Not sure, I have a working pair right now that are on and engine running. I am going to get a few thousand miles on them then take them off and check the dimensions. So far they work BITCHEN. I will keep everyone posted if/when they go up for sale but as of right this second these are only going to be a limited run. Its not like there are new people discovering a slant 6 for the first time. ha ha ha ha

Ziptie drags was a great time forsure. Sorry for the lag on writing this but JJ arm drop races were this last weekend and I had to work that show also. So the dart got 23.3 MPH at 70-75mph and went a...........well you got to watch the video for that. enjoy.

https://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites...dshow-the-sagauro-palm-springs-california.jpg

Cruising to Roadkill’s Zip-Tie Drags with Finnegan and Freiburger – 140+ Photos! - Hot Rod Network

Cruising to Roadkill’s Zip-Tie Drags with Finnegan and Freiburger – 140+ Photos! - Hot Rod Network

-
Back