1969 Daily Driver

-
Anyone know the name of the disk brake conversion place that uses the stock drum hubs? Maybe something eagle???? For the wifes dart

Also Stainless Steel Brakes. ssbrakes.com You can get 20% off when Classic Industries run their sale.
They have different kits depending on the knuckles you start with.
The ones using original K-H 4 piston calipers are interesting in that they are not old rebuilt calipers but new castings.

Last edited:
Has anyone posted a how to do this conversion? Just bought a 64 Dart and would like to convert it using this setup. its currently got a original 1 barrel and pushbutton auto.

I have not installed it as of yet. I am going to do the 200 4r trans switch first so I can do a side by side MPG difference between the two. Looking at the linkage that will have to be modified but looks easy enough.

are you close on the 2004r or still gathering parts?

I have everything but time is what I dont have currently. 8 3/4 with 3.23 gears and the 200 4r is rebuilt and ready to go in. I made all the templates of what I believe I need to cut out to make it fit.

I have everything but time is what I dont have currently. 8 3/4 with 3.23 gears and the 200 4r is rebuilt and ready to go in. I made all the templates of what I believe I need to cut out to make it fit.
excellent, i'm finding lack of time to be the worst part of mine also

Time for the wife's Slant Daily car to go on the chopping block. The brake kit is from Scarebird and the brake booster set up is from pirate jack. We went this direction because she loves the look of the 14" tires on her car rather than the 15". Plus wanted to save a few bucks not having to buy new rims. The brakes are just the first step. I am also doing a host of other things. I will post as I go along.

SD14.jpg

SD15.jpg

SD16.jpg

SD17.jpg

SD18.jpg

SD19.jpg

SD20.jpg

SD21.jpg

SD22.jpg

SD23.jpg

I have not posted in a while because nothing to post about on the wife's car but this is worth a mention. This may not be news for some of you but for me this was kind of a shocker. I rebuilt my wife's Holley 1920 for her slant six and rebuild went fine, car ran a drove great after, better than before. I did notice a slight imperfection in the body but shined a light at it and all looked fine. No hole just a slight dip. About 2 weeks after rebuild she was driving it and it started running crappy out of nowhere. That night I started looking for the problem I could find nothing wrong. It sounded like a monster vacuum leak. I took the carb off and out a complete luck I saw some day light through that little imperfection. Funny enough it looked like someone drilled a fucken hole in it then put JB weld in the hole at first. I have MANY other carbs that I have stocked piled and started looking at them. To my shock WTF half of them had this same hole in it drilled at an angle. So i found a very nice non rebuilt carb from 1969 in my stock pile "With no extra hole" only thing wrong is the throttle blade shaft is worn out and daylight can be seen through it. Below is how I fixed that. Enjoy.

slant22.jpg

slant21.jpg

slant23.jpg

slant24.jpg

slant25.jpg

slant26.jpg

slant27.jpg

So I changed out the the stock 2bbl for a holley style 350 CFM part number 0-7448. The stock super six carb was a learning curve for real and not many after market parts for them at all. I had to drill my own jets and polish metering rods to get what I wanted. This was a long process that lasted many months of tuning to get the max power and efficiency out of the engine since this is my daily driver. The best I could get was 23.3 and that was all freeway miles driving to Phoenix from San Diego. This drive does also require you going from sea level to 4,100 ft going east to below sea level to 4,200 ft going west from the desert floor. Now best mileage I ever got with real world driving is 19.1mpg with my average being 18.5mpg. I drive 50 miles a day in stop/go So Cal morning traffic so to get those numbers I would say is fairly good with my cruising speed 75mph. Now since I believe that I have reached the limit of what this Carb can do I have switched to something that is A LOT more user friendly. I went with a Holley 0-7448. I know Holley carbs forward and backwards with a mountain of notes from my Dyno tuning days. This was as simple as pulling it out of the box, changing jets, power valve, setting float height, and pump shot. Bolted it on and boom near perfect numbers right off the bat. Today was the first long drive with it "25 miles" to work with the wide band hooked up. This thing is LIGHT years ahead of the factory 2 bbl so far with power delivery and just over all drivability but only time will tell if it is better with fuel mileage. Since the end goal is mileage I will be keeping track like I always do and posting real numbers as this goes along. I really hope this carb works better because when I hook up the 200 4r trans next month this carb has brackets that will make this easier. I want easier since this is my daily and Crower is only close for two weeks for Christmas and new years. Plus I need some time on this before the Ziptie drags to get this all tuned up for shift points so on and so on.

SD28.jpg

SD28.jpg

I'm gonna try to make the zip tie drags. As of now not looking good but still got time.Hope to see you there. Just in case this is what I'll be driving
IMG_2966.jpg

I'm gonna try to make the zip tie drags. As of now not looking good but still got time.Hope to see you there. Just in case this is what I'll be drivingView attachment 1715428864

Badass man, You all know what mine looks like I will be there for sure with mine is the Green one is "The Lizard king". We are not sure if the wife will make it with hers "Creamy Beaver" I am just hoping that she is just passenger at this point.

SD24.jpg

SD25.jpg

Someone asked how i hooked up the stock supersix bracket to the holley carb. I had to grind the bracket that bolts onto the carb because the angle. Then I made an "S" in the linkage to kick it out slightly. i even used the stock spring bracket.

sd26.jpg

sd27.jpg

sd28.jpg

First tank of fuel filled up yesterday for the testing of the new carb Holley 0-7448 vs super six carb for fuel mileage. I will have info in about a week. Even if it is the same mileage this Holley carb is the winner with just the performance upgrade that I have got. Plus the availability of tuning parts that I do not have to source at the junk yard is better also. Finding 2bbl 318 or 360 is getting harder and harder to find anymore.

Interesting. Where did you source the Holley?
I have a BBD from a 1967 273 stick shift car that I plan to use on my conversion but haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

How it began,
We were in the market for a new car since our family has 3 rugrats now and the Hyundai that the wife bought new 2005 is getting close to its last legs. Without her knowing I went and test drove all the new cars, even the new dart. NONE of them felt right with solenoids controlling steering, brakes, and throttle pedal. I just felt lost like a four wheeled computer. Its nice and all but just not what I am looking for. Then I came across a more door 1969 dart for sale on Craigslist. Went to take a look at it and drove it home. This car was built and sold in Los Angeles CA. The lady who bought it brand new drove it for 93,000 miles and was the only car she ever owned. She passed away and the car went into a trust while the family fought over the house crap. After five years One of the kids won and put this car up. I got it and this I present to you my new/old daily driver. It has a slant 6, 904, AC, power steering, and drum brakes. Most of you may not know but I work for Crower and that is a 50 mile round trip a day. I have never owned a slant 6 so this will be a steep learning curve. This will be an on going build as I drive. I have a 1967 4 door dart as a donor car. The 1967 has a great working AC and is way more mint than this car but it spent its whole life next to the ocean and is a rust bucket. Where the 1969 has not a speck of rust anywhere.

View attachment 1715120092

Super cool car. Don't know how I missed it. I would still like your help with a slant six camshaft, but i've not been able to get hold of you. Tried several time and left messages. I've still not gotten one ground yet.

Super cool car. Don't know how I missed it. I would still like your help with a slant six camshaft, but i've not been able to get hold of you. Tried several time and left messages. I've still not gotten one ground yet.

Sorry I have been in and out of the office. The end of the year plus PRI is this week so that does not help. I am sorry and after January 3rd I will be in the office more. Shane@crower.com Sorry but a little over loaded right now ha ha ha ah ha.

-
Back