1969 Dart American Autowire Classic Update Kit

-

Jdkenned360

Reaction score
Has anyone used this kit with an a body that has A/C? I can’t see the fuse box fitting with the evaporator box right next to it. It definitely won’t go in with the a/c still on the firewall

For anyone interested American Autowire’s classic update kit is not made for stock A/C in 1969 Darts. The A/C box needs quite a bit of material removed to fit the fuse block in and I believe the evaporator will get in the way of what needs to be removed

With some modification to the evap box it looks like it can just squeeze. Checking the dash light and fuel fuse will require pulling the a/c and heater box

9D5DD981-426B-45DB-BD4F-6A8B93871799.jpeg

8B1EFBD4-9CED-4CBF-9346-16989A891FD6.jpeg

It was a great kit. Instructions were very straight forward I know the whole harness front to back now. I recommend getting the American autowire crimpers part number 510587. I tried a cheaper set on Amazon and they just didn’t work well, those packard 56 connectors are very heavy duty and the American autowire crimpers are high quality. I’m cheap so it was tough for me to saddle up the money for those but it was well worth the $144

-
Back