1969 Dart Convertible

-

philllyc

First time restoration guy
Reaction score
I am building a car I always thought Dodge should have made.
340 Dart Swinger convertible..4 speed,AC, PB,PS. I could always use advice..My first one!

Attachments

• 0037.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 265
  • 0055b.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 242
another view....I am finding that i have to modify &/or Fabricate other parts to work on this vehicle..

Attachments

• 0085.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 249
Welcome aboard. Can you show a picture of the door bars you are using for the floor replacement? I am getting ready to replace the floor in my 68 Cuda Convertible and have been looking at how various people have fabricated their door bars. Thanks

Welcome aboard! Looks like you used AMD hardtop quarters and made them fit the conv. I plan on doing the same with our 69 Dart GT conv. Can you show pics of how you made the quarter fit around the top opening? I plan to cut the old flange off, and weld the new quarter to it. Nice work so far!:prayer:

Welcome aboard Phillyc,
I too have a 69 Dart Conv.. Mine is also one that MaMopar never built, but should have. Check out my thread, it may have something you can use. If there is anything I can help you with, just drop me a line.

Welcome aboard. Can you show a picture of the door bars you are using for the floor replacement? I am getting ready to replace the floor in my 68 Cuda Convertible and have been looking at how various people have fabricated their door bars. Thanks
from the looks of the picture they go from the striker/latch area to the top hiinge just like I did in my 66 dart. convertibles (on a convertible if the rockers are in good shape they really have all the stiffness in the rocker area) I posted a couple of pictures about 2 years or so ago on the back half of a valiant I got from Waggin to use for parts that he had cut up. There was a piece of re-enforcement steel going down the length of the rocker from wheel well to wheel well about a 1/4 inch thick. that is a lot of beefy metal in that area to stop flex from having no roof.

Thanks for the positives! I have been working for 45 years and this is my retirement bucket list. I will send more pix now that spring is here and I could start working outside again. I used a piece long paper to make a template of the top of the rotted convertible quarter panel I transfered it to the new and quarter cut the wasted part of the b pillar off with a panel saw and it was done. I might have to do some cosmetic lead work (yes real lead) I flipped the paper over and did the passenger side. A good cheat!

-
Back