1969 Dart GT 440 vs. 2010 Camaro SS/RS

-
We raced 3 times. Once from a rolling start and twice from 55.

How do you guys think that went?

Camaro was a 6 speed paddle shift auto with borla exhaust and an intake.

The dart of course. The camaro is a slow pig. They run 14s

Haters are just jealous they didn't get to spank the new 30K Chevy Muscle Car in front of their hommies with their 40 year old A body driver.
Take down!
It's a good thing yellow on a MOPAR looks good even sitting still.
I do like yellow.

Jimmer,
Yes I rememer.
All hail the Flying Green Brick and the torsion bar.
http://www.allpar.com/history/mopar/lapping-valiant.html

A friend has a 70 ish Firebird wth a "500 HP" 350. He won't race my 67 with a 475 HP 410. He just bought a Mustang GT and he won't race it either. There is a big difference between talking and showing. Unless he brags about how he can beat me, let him talk.

Haters are just jealous they didn't get to spank the new 30K Chevy Muscle Car in front of their hommies with their 40 year old A body driver.

so if this camaro is only a 14 second car there really isn't anything the be proud of by beating it. its a waste of time and gas running such a slug. :). freaking big block dart better beat a 14 second car. if not there are some serious issues. no?

LOL. Just amazing what all has stemmed from a thread about a simple heads up race. And how much love and support for the Camaro and slam on the Dart.

Chearing you into the 10's..... so long

Yeah, it is a bit odd.

Not sure if I can get a 10.99 out of this ride in it's current trim. I'd bet the car it'll run in the 11's.

so if this camaro is only a 14 second car there really isn't anything the be proud of by beating it. its a waste of time and gas running such a slug. :). freaking big block dart better beat a 14 second car. if not there are some serious issues. no?

Kind of like the big mouth getting his arse kicked. Well worth it...

probably could beat one in reverse

:finga:

Not sure how fast 7000RPm would be in reverse but it would certainly be something to see!

Adjusted for inflation a stock 69 Dart would be about a $20,000 car today.

A new 2013 car in the $20,000 price range offers way more than a 69 Dart ever did.

That's progress. You are getting WAY more for the same money.

Yeah, it sure does. Your getting a body that is mostly, if not all plastic, even a plastic intake, and wheel bearings. Your getting a engine that is choked to death by every smog device a tree hugger can think of. And it is impossible to work on without being factory trained, and sometimes they are left scratching their heads. Last but not least most are made in Mexico, or Canada. How is that progress?

A friends new $60,000 truck dropped the tranny at 13,000 miles, and has electrical problems at 16,000 miles.

And by the way $20,000 is still $10,000 less than a $30,000 Camaro. In my world $10,000 is a significant chunk of change. It takes all three of my cars to equal $10,000.

Yeah, it sure does. Your getting a body that is mostly, if not all plastic, even a plastic intake, and wheel bearings. Your getting a engine that is choked to death by every smog device a tree hugger can think of. And it is impossible to work on without being factory trained, and sometimes they are left scratching their heads. Last but not least most are made in Mexico, or Canada. How is that progress?

A friends new $60,000 truck dropped the tranny at 13,000 miles, and has electrical problems at 16,000 miles.

And by the way $20,000 is still $10,000 less than a $30,000 Camaro. In my world $10,000 is a significant chunk of change. It takes all three of my cars to equal $10,000.

Camaro was well over 30,000 when you ad on the performance mods he's done.

a stock 340 dart with equivalent $$$ performance mods added would stomp that comaro in the dirt

a stock BB dart with less $$$ already beat it.

and the green brick valiant would do it on dirt oval asphalt straight away road race long haul whatever. that has already been established.

so what it comes down to is styling and dealer warranty. i'd say anyone who wants to can go plop down their 35-$40k dollars and get that style. then get embarrassed by 40-yr old economy class cars rofl

LOL. Just amazing what all has stemmed from a thread about a simple heads up race. And how much love and support for the Camaro (original post never stated they were junk) and slam on the Dart. Can't believe on an A-body forum how quickly roccodart440 received grief for beating that Camaro. Roccodart440, next time just let the GM win (please don't)! Man, it will keep a lot of people happy on this forum (who cares). Anways, I've had my fun, Good luck ROCCODART440. Chearing you into the 10's..... so long

I agree. The Ls1's do run good but who cares if they run good times and handle better, blah, blah. Of course it does!! It has 40 + years of advancements in technology. Apples to oranges. It was a simple race and the Dart got the heads up on the Camaro. So much love for GM stuff on a Mopar forum. WTH??

My buddies 408 powered Duster smoked a Ford Lightning that his mommy and dad bought for him. Had thousands in mods to. That LA Mopar ate him up. That guy was pissed...but nobody got in a fight over it. The Lightning ran real good to..

I can appreciate all kinds of cars but all the negativity is stupid. It was a race. End of story...

Camaro was a 6 speed paddle shift auto with borla exhaust and an intake.

If he lined up thinking your 440 dart didn't have potential to walk him, he's a very slow learner.

Heck, I've lined up next to Aussie LS3 commodores on the street and walked them with my 318. :D

Horsepower is one thing, but weight, gears and stall is nearly everything.

If he lined up thinking your 440 dart didn't have potential to walk him, he's a very slow learner.

Heck, I've lined up next to Aussie LS3 commodores on the street and walked them with my 318. :D

Horsepower is one thing, but weight, gears and stall is nearly everything.

Yeah, he's looking into some 1700$ tranny kit right now. 2700$ later he'l have firmer shifts and a higher stall speed.

Okay, Boosted. Something needs to pump air in that GM, it obviously can't breathe it on it's own! How about a 4cyl mopar??? Eagle Talon (its a mopar) all wheel drive that runs low 9's in street form?? 145 mph??? You got your guy, my guy is from Peoria, IL. Races at our dragstrip. You want boost, you got it! His waste gate blead off is a 3 inch pipe. Ya know what happened the last time the North took on the South.... Ha

The camaro my brother in law has is a ZL1.. We need another North vs South shootout.. We can always pick a friends car to race and I am sure you have friends cars that are even faster just like I do..

The only reason I got into this is because someone builds a car and then talks about outrunning a new stock one with it. Now if it would have been that he outran a co worker with a 69 Camaro that was built it would have been a different reply with a congrats.

It is almost like me saying I outran a guy today in a Smart car with my Plymouth....

-
Back