1969 Dart GT (AKA The Green Bastard)

-

67Dart440GT

Seriously Long Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I figured I would start a build thread on my 69 GT I just bought a few weeks ago. I bought the car from another member here. I picked up the car from West Virginia. The road trip was fun that's for sure.

The little green Dart has been lovingly named... "The Green Bastard" (from parts unknown)

Here are a few of my plans for the car.

This summer I am going to just do some maintenance on the vehicle along with some minor upgrades. My final build on the car will be a mild 440/727 and an 8 3/4 rear. I have a lot of things to do first to make the car safe.

I noticed that the frame rail on the driver side is in really bad shape. I ordered a nice clean used rail and will eventually get that in the car. I checked the right side rail and it's in good shape other than the upper control arm mounts are toast.

After 3 hours of cutting, swearing and a few cut off wheel's I finally got the left upper control arm off. The bolts were totally seized into the bushings.. Yuck...

I am going to roll the car outside now and blast the area really well. I have cut most of the bad spots out of the rail, and made a few cardboard templates to fix the damage with some heavy steel I had laying around. Here are a few pictures... more to come as I go along.

I did notice that the brake lines were in really bad shape too so I ordered a new set from fine lines.

The first thing I did to the car was to adjust all of the latches. The doors were a bit sticky and the deck lid you had to slam to close. Not much work involved. I just adjusted the strikers properly and the deck latch. Closes with one finger now :)

Attachments

• the_green_bastard_by_malevolentnate.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 395
  • gb1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 397
  • gb2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 357
  • gb3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 374
  • rustrail.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 387
Colin, that's a good lookin car. I like it.

Yup, Thats definitely a catch all spot on these A bodies . Had to rework mine some to. Looks like a great car. Cousin to My Gang Green GTS !! LOL

Mitch that's awesome ha ha :) Thanks Rob! I'm thinking about ditching the wheel tire combo too. I have a set of nice dog dish caps that I think would look good on some 15x7 steel wheels.

I'm also going to add a set of these when I do the rails.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 337
Colon, where do those come from?

Picked up an essential mod.

Attachments

• IMG_20160318_172842474_HDR.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 308
Here are some updated photos. I cut a lot out of the frame rail and made a few steel plates to reinforce everything. Looks OK for now until I really do the car. I put new brake lines on as they were leaking. Going to get some new rubber hoses too. I added new upper ball joint and bushings along with shock absorbers.

Attachments

• IMG_20160327_220204630.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20160328_185447699.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 239
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures. I got new cam bolts because I rectum taking them out.

Damn a Green 69 Dart GT was my first car I bought at 15 for $100....Torsion bars has twisted in the rusted frame rails. A lotta memories in its short life in my hands.
and not one picture to show for it.

-
Back