1969 dart gt convertible reveal moulding clips

-

ohmie77

Reaction score
does anyone know what reveal clips go on cowl to hold the bottom reveal molding (for the windshield)on my 1969 dart gt convertible. also what studs or screws, the holes are there, but my size 4 replacement studs are too small for the holes(or do I fill them and drill new) ? Yes I have the gasketed windshield(needs to be installed) and there is a plastic lockstrip with chrome finish, but there also is a reveal molding on the bottom. It takes a clip to hold it on. I can see how the rest of the trim goes on. Pics would be great!

does anyone know what reveal clips go on cowl to hold the bottom reveal molding (for the windshield)on my 1969 dart gt convertible. also what studs or screws, the holes are there, but my size 4 replacement studs are too small for the holes(or do I fill them and drill new) ? Yes I have the gasketed windshield(needs to be installed) and there is a plastic lockstrip with chrome finish, but there also is a reveal molding on the bottom. It takes a clip to hold it on. I can see how the rest of the trim goes on. Pics would be great!
ANY thoughts whatsoever here would be appreciated

The convertibles had only used the chromed plastic lock strip on the bottom. If you have hole then someone in the past had probably installed some clips for the other body styles and put ion a stainless strip.

What someone did to your vert ? I can't help with that. I do know that the correct screws for reveal molding clips are special. If my memory serves, it's a #6 shank but a #4 head size. The standard head of a #6 screw is too big, molding cant get in the clip with it.

The convertibles had only used the chromed plastic lock strip on the bottom. If you have hole then someone in the past had probably installed some clips for the other body styles and put ion a stainless strip.
Thanks, all the pics I saw only had the lock strip, its just there are holes there. I can weld em shut, the car came with extra various pieces of trim.so maybe it was from a hardtop??

Yes, the correct stuff is a reveal molding/lockstrip, as in the pic below...

Orig & YO-LSsml.JPG

Thanks, all the pics I saw only had the lock strip, its just there are holes there. I can weld em shut, the car came with extra various pieces of trim.so maybe it was from a hardtop??
Or someone had the intention of switching to the stainless trim as it will look good forever compared to the locks trip which will shrink and the chrome will peel off after a few years. There are a couple of threads on here where members have recently. Changed to the stainless. Real wings build in the new he I section comes to mind as does momoparman 69 convertible build.

Who knows ? If you don't have the single piece of hardtop reveal molding to put there, It may have taken flight. The gaskets aren't the same so that stainless molding cant lay right. Enough air paasing under it will generate a whistle/wind noise. Snapped down too tight and it could pop off/ take flight.

What someone did to your vert ? I can't help with that. I do know that the correct screws for reveal molding clips are special. If my memory serves, it's a #6 shank but a #4 head size. The standard head of a #6 screw is too big, molding cant get in the clip with it.
Thanks, I bought the studs from clipsandfasteners.com for my 77 volare, not sure about previous years. Maybe Jim
Who knows ? If you don't have the single piece of hardtop reveal molding to put there, It may have taken flight. The gaskets aren't the same so that stainless molding cant lay right. Enough air paasing under it will generate a whistle/wind noise. Snapped down too tight and it could pop off/ take flight.
I do have the single piece reveal molding and my new windshield gasket came with the Mylar Lockstrip, I just thought it looked cheesy. and those holes... I will try to post a pic, working 12's tomorrow and Sunday tho

Yes, the correct stuff is a reveal molding/lockstrip, as in the pic below...

View attachment 1714946166
Now that I see the real thing I will go thru the inside of the car, the trunk and my trim pile. All the trim is off the car, I bought it that way. The old windshield gasket is there, but it had no windshield. I bought a new gasket with the Mylar strip(is rolled up) and a windshield I will try to post a pic of the holes and the chrome reveal that came with it. But knowing me if I cannot find it I will want the lockstrip like 65Val posted

My '69 Cuda vert had the holes drilled in the cowl where the clips go on the fb and coupe models. I dont know for sure, but suspect the holes were punched for all models. If you are going to use the lock strip, there is no need to weld the holes.
Jim

-
Back