1969 Dart Street/Strip (Re)Build

-
I like the side bars. Are they swing out and / or removable for easy in/ out for times you are not flogging this beast?....which is probably only when it is in the garage.

I like the side bars. Are they swing out and / or removable for easy in/ out for times you are not flogging this beast?....which is probably only when it is in the garage.

Yes the side bars swing out and are removable. The crossbar behind the front seats is also removeable for easy access into the rear seat as well.

Testing the new location of the cutouts. They sound much much better than when they where placed after the X. As close to an open header as I can expect.

Wondered if anyone noticed that lol. It was actually a sleeve I had installed in the coilover bolt hole that fell out

glad you cleared that up....looked like something you would see on the paranormal / ghost channel.

This is a repost but wanted to add it to my thread too. A local dragway that had been shut down for years re-opened this past weekend. I grew up on a farm not far from there so this place is in my childhood memories. I entered into the street tire class and round after round kept knocking them out. But I had no idea what I was running at a full pass later in the day since I was letting off. I luckily got a by run in the semi finals and ran a 6.70. So that’s exactly what I dialed in at. Check out how tight the final run was! With this being the first time out with the new rear and 200-4R transmission, I was so stoked to see that it’s still consistent as hell!

C5_EB8_FBE-66_AA-4_F14-_ADD0-223_DAC8_E2_D21.jpg

169756_F8-0_D5_B-4876-93_E8-_EE46_F8_B3_EA31.jpg

81_C2_A6_A5-899_E-4_A4_A-807_F-34275247_D8_E5.jpg

That's about a 10.57 et in the 1/4. Great job!

One site I read the chart it said that converts to a 10.45. But I’m not very familiar with 1/8th mile. First time I’ve ever ran 1/8th.

One site I read the chart it said that converts to a 10.45. But I’m not very familiar with 1/8th mile. First time I’ve ever ran 1/8th.

I used a site called "Wallace" there all just a ballpark. I'm not a big fan of the 1/8 mile. 1/4 is much better in my opinion.

I used a site called "Wallace" there all just a ballpark. I'm not a big fan of the 1/8 mile. 1/4 is much better in my opinion.

Ah yes Wallace is a good one. I really expected the car to be a bit slower with the heavier 9.5” lockup converter but seems to be doing well. Best I ever did was 6.7x with the old setup and ran a 10.49. Best mph was 103 vs my 101 yesterday.

What about your 60' ? Is that about normal? I've had 1.37-1.39 on10.7-10.80 passes.

love the way this car sounds, what is your exhaust set up?

Thanks! It has electric cutouts and Dynomax UltraFlo’s with X pipe. All 3”. Picture is at the bottom of the previous page.

Clint - beautiful build! How does it ride and handle on the street with the ladder bar setup?

Clint - beautiful build! How does it ride and handle on the street with the ladder bar setup?

The only thing I notice any different from other setups is that you’ll hear a pop in corners or going into driveways sometimes.

-
Back