1969 Dart Street/Strip (Re)Build

-
NICE! gettin good at it Clint, beautiful car,beautiful job (Racing) fkn lurv it mate from Australia!!!!!!!!!!!:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Wanted to share a recap from last weekend.

Nice job. Where is your SFI jacket ? I see so many small tracks not following safety rules. At least there wasn't a 100 people standing at the starting line. Crazy that tracks let people do that.

Nice job. Where is your SFI jacket ? I see so many small tracks not following safety rules. At least there wasn't a 100 people standing at the starting line. Crazy that tracks let people do that.

In 4 years I’ve never had anyone ask about it. Heck it wasn’t even wearing a helmet in the night races. They did ding me for my belts being 3 years out of date but that’s also a first for me. I’m betting my helmet is also out of date as well.

In 4 years I’ve never had anyone ask about it. Heck it wasn’t even wearing a helmet in the night races. They did ding me for my belts being 3 years out of date but that’s also a first for me. I’m betting my helmet is also out of date as well.

Wow. Guess I'm use to my local tracks (3) being all over that. Plus racing at bigger NHRA , NMRA and Fun Ford races back in the 90s & 2000s

Feb 2019 will be the issue fellas! Should be available in the next few weeks!

In The News out of Florida sent this today! Very neat piece!

BF0-A4-CE9-877-A-452-F-8373-8-BAE4-E68-D3-FD.jpg

Clint, are u coming to mopars in the park next week end ?

My fuel pump has decided that it’s getting tired so if I go I won’t be racing. Guess I’ll just throw it in the car show maybe or something.

My fuel pump has decided that it’s getting tired so if I go I won’t be racing. Guess I’ll just throw it in the car show maybe or something.

I`ve been kinda aiming at this for my first race in the fish, developed a pan gasket leak when I was out hotroddin around, got her in the air now. Don`t know if I`ll make it or not. Need to get my stud girdle resurfaced, believe it or not , I haven`t found anyone to do it yet.
RAIN PREDICTED FOR SAT . right now too------

I`ve been kinda aiming at this for my first race in the fish, developed a pan gasket leak when I was out hotroddin around, got her in the air now. Don`t know if I`ll make it or not. Need to get my stud girdle resurfaced, believe it or not , I haven`t found anyone to do it yet.
RAIN PREDICTED FOR SAT . right now too------

phone says rain, internet weather sys partly cloudy. ????????????????

This may have been a dumb move but I picked up another car today! This belonged to an ex girlfriend’s grandfather and the car has been in their family since the 70’s. I had last seen this car in Chanute, KS around 2001. Long story short, my ex’s brother has had the car for many years. He drove it through college and eventually it just got to where he couldn’t keep it running. Thought maybe an electrical problem was the issue but it’s been sitting at a storage for over a year with no time or money to work on it. He offered it up to me several months back and I didn’t jump. Said I’d like to see pictures and such before I committed to it. He sent me a few and then offered it up for a price I couldn’t refuse. I said I’d take it and I picked it up in Dallas today. It’s cosmetically rough, but everything is there and it’s structurally pretty solid from what I can see. More solid than my Dart was when I got it, but cosmetically the Dart looked a lot better lol. So kind of polar opposite cars. My plans for it? I don’t even know!

04-BC8-A4-A-2815-4-DDE-A784-7-C0-AC32-FF4-C4.jpg

1-F15-C532-60-DF-45-C5-8-F59-E068-C4-A15-D0-E.jpg

231-CFB79-4-D6-A-46-EA-870-A-665-A2-B2-AAF4-C.jpg

80-B5-C223-A297-42-B0-9404-900-D72-BA51-E9.jpg

BE5-E9887-8-F9-B-4130-94-D1-2101614-EC057.jpg

D18-D836-E-FA2-A-47-AB-8-A6-F-306-FBEDB0-D64.jpg

DC1186-FD-6295-4-FA7-9-FFF-17430-C9-C7856.jpg

This may have been a dumb move but I picked up another car today! This belonged to an ex girlfriend’s grandfather and the car has been in their family since the 70’s. I had last seen this car in Chanute, KS around 2001. Long story short, my ex’s brother has had the car for many years. He drove it through college and eventually it just got to where he couldn’t keep it running. Thought maybe an electrical problem was the issue but it’s been sitting at a storage for over a year with no time or money to work on it. He offered it up to me several months back and I didn’t jump. Said I’d like to see pictures and such before I committed to it. He sent me a few and then offered it up for a price I couldn’t refuse. I said I’d take it and I picked it up in Dallas today. It’s cosmetically rough, but everything is there and it’s structurally pretty solid from what I can see. More solid than my Dart was when I got it, but cosmetically the Dart looked a lot better lol. So kind of polar opposite cars. My plans for it? I don’t even know!

View attachment 1715243286

View attachment 1715243287

View attachment 1715243288

View attachment 1715243289

View attachment 1715243290

View attachment 1715243291

View attachment 1715243292

Enter another money pit !
Saying 69 and sunny now , changes here daily !!

Hi Clint. Awesome car and a great article. I am doing a similar project. Would you mind sharing what your Dana measurements are from flange end to flange end and the wheel size along with the back spacing

^ No question...seems like he has been through a lot with it. Accidents, different K's, oil pans.....lots of challenges. I have a 68' I'm working on...thinking of doing the HDK so I found this thread inspiring!

Here’s a little teaser for you guys. With the help of my buddy Troy who was featured in Car Craft with his 3rd gen turbo Hemi that runs low 8’s, he sent some information and a picture to a local photographer that shoots for several different car magazines. Well I gave more info and pictures to the photographer and he sent it out and to the magazine editors and one of them picked up the Dart for a feature! We shoot the photographs next week so the car is at the painter’s getting a polish done on it. I’m a little beside myself but wow what a great honor to have my car in this magazine!!!
From experience, If another magazine contacts you they may ask you if anyone else has shot it. Say
NO. They want fresh meat and if they think someone else is doing it they might pass on the opportunity.

-
Back