1969 Dart Swinger 340 4 Speed

-
Metal work is 99% finished on the swinger and there is a little waiting time before it goes to the mud room, so back onto this.
026.JPG

'69 custom I bought as a parts car/project. /6 had 3 bent push rods and plenty of other stuff to work on to keep me busy.
027.JPG

Goal is to use the stuff off it I need for the Swinger but keep it somewhat complete and get it running again and road worthy.

Well, it wasn't me personally that did it. The guys in the shop use something similar to this Easy Shrink Metal Shrinking Disc Kit, 4-1/2 inch

I bought these to fix up the mess on the roof of my 63 dart. (I bought the bigger kit which came with large and small disc). Took a bit to get a feel for how to use it but they work great once you get used to it. I've never attempted to shrink metal before and my roof came out pretty good in my opinion. Only needed a thin skim coat when I was done.

Car is looking really good. Always nice when you start with a solid platform.

Well... Let me apologize up front for lack of updates. It's been a while since I've posted and there's been some progress from the body/paint shop, so now I'll try to bring you guys up to date. Progress was slow, but given the quality of work the shop is doing I have zero complaints!

After 99% of the metal work was complete, it went to the body/paint room for a coat of epoxy...

123.JPG

126.JPG

143.JPG

145.JPG

150.JPG

151.JPG

On to the mud...and blocking... and priming...and blocking...and lather, rinse and repeat. I have to say thanks to Chris who did most of the work on the car. His attention to detail is spectacular. I had to hold him back on a few things 'cause there is something of a budget for this project. He will fine tune things to the nth degree! Gives me profound respect for the people that do this for a living and do it well, they're true artists.
043.JPG

045.JPG

123.JPG

128.JPG

150.JPG

152.JPG

158.JPG

174.JPG

I'll try to stay more up to date on this thread in the future. I don't keep much of an online presence for certain reasons and partly 'cause there's other **** to do. I'll get more pics up soon as the car came home this past Sunday and it will be onto the next phase in this project. I appreciate any input or advice that sends my way!

The spray out on the big card is what they matched from the original Ditzler color, the small chip is a slight tweak (more pearl). I liked the one with a little more pearl, it flops great in different lights and I'm not going absolutely factory correct.

029.JPG

030.JPG

031.JPG

This is going to be a really great looking car! The attention to detail is outstanding and I absolutely love the color. Can't wait to see it finished and ready for the road.
:thumbsup:

Fan freaking tastic…. The perfect paint makes me not want to do mine this color because it will never be this perfect… lol.

Are you going to spray a liner on the underside?

Fan freaking tastic…. The perfect paint makes me not want to do mine this color because it will never be this perfect… lol.

I wouldn't put liner on any car. Future repairs are next to impossible. Been there with a customers car. I would never take a car in again that had that done. What a mess getting it off.

I wouldn't put liner on any car. Future repairs are next to impossible. Been there with a customers car. I would never take a car in again that had that done. What a mess getting it off.

My car has a liner on the underside and will definitely help with rust. But I can only imagine having to do any major repairs under there.

343CA295-8FA2-4D2F-A1B2-4F27D4424BBB.jpeg

Not planning on under coat. I did have them spray some on the inside of the fenders prior to paint. I’ll get a pic of that posted soon.

Matched the interior color from a parts car i bought. Couldn't dig up an old paint code so the shop did the best they could. I thought they did pretty well with the match. The car is getting a saddle color interior from Legendary, months on order, so if your buying your stuff from them, order now! Some of the stuff shows up fairly quickly but I'm still waiting on the seat covers and carpet and I ordered July of '22.

084.JPEG

-
Back