1969 Dodge Charger Found in the Weeds

-

thedartsport

Reaction score
We found this 1969 Charger that's been sitting for at least 20 years. Check out the video I made about our experience!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41SxI8Em1JU"]Rescuing a 1969 Dodge Charger Sitting for 20 Years - YouTube[/ame]

I like that! Even after all those years and all that rust, STILL a classy looking car. AND a SE, with Electric windows. electric seats? 440? NICE find. I would have gotten that car as well.

very nice score, you have a lot to work with. all the hard to find parts are in pretty good shape. time and some cash are all that's needed. a worthy project.

check out the Holley 4010 at 9:30...All hail the pressure washer! Thats going to be an expensive resto. Have fun!

Question: are you using an 18mm lens on a DSLR to shoot? Amazing it never got any water on the lens.

Very nice find, and awesome video. I love your pick of tunes to go with it. I shoulda power washed my cuda that way before i brought it home. Great idea.

Where can I find that Stones song? Great find and cool video.

Are those 14 inch wheels ? The wheel cover looks tiny in the midst of all that tire. Oh I see after watching the video, magnum wheels. Missing trim bands fools the eye

Thanks for sharing that video. I think that the second generation Charger is sexy and badass at the same time. Good luck with your restoration.

any of them will r equire the usual sheetmetal, but if ya look close there are some good pieces, and if everything is there it is a great help!

I bet the finder of this car s a hands on, DIY kinds guy,

I say , get it solid, get it running and driving down the road, and don't sweat the number resto make it a perfect show poodle stuff!

NO chargers back then did not have electric seats, what yr did the " eight way " s eat start??????

nice find, looks like you are going to spend some time out in the garage and some money. Good luck with the car

glad to see it's out of the weeds...... regardless of it's future (parts or restore)

I wanna see the first time you brought it home and your wife first seen it.

NO chargers back then did not have electric seats, what yr did the " eight way " s eat start??????
I beg to differ. I HAD a charger with electric seat and windows. A SE/LE. Yes I did.
I never got the car running so I dont know how many ways it moved, but it was electric. It seems it was rare, I never gave it a thought till this morning

It's got some rust issues for sure, but from the options we've found around here locally it was by far in the best condition. The only ones upset about this purchase were the mice who had to give up their homes.

check out the Holley 4010 at 9:30...All hail the pressure washer! Thats going to be an expensive resto. Have fun!

Question: are you using an 18mm lens on a DSLR to shoot? Amazing it never got any water on the lens.

Yes you're correct. I had to stop a couple times and wipe it off, but for the most part the water never showed up thankfully.

Very nice car and video! I have a charger just like it same color same shape! I even have the same dent in the "I" piece in the grille! Only mine is a 383 auto. I hope to start working on it within the next couple of years. Good luck!

Very nice car and video! I have a charger just like it same color same shape! I even have the same dent in the "I" piece in the grille! Only mine is a 383 auto. I hope to start working on it within the next couple of years. Good luck!

That's awesome. This one is actually an original 383 auto as well, so it looks like you have the twin.

Was I the only one mesmerized by the pressure washer removing the dirt in such nice sweeps? :happy1:

Very cool car and find :glasses7:

-
Back