Status
Not open for further replies.

RTom

Depressingly A-Bodyless..
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Well, after my wife and I were looking over our finances and realizing we are in trouble ( she hasn't been able to get a teaching job and I'm working part time and going to school ) I have decided to put my convertible up for sale. Let me start out by saying that I am not too flexible on the price since much lower than that and we won't be paying enough off to offset not having it.

I bought this Dart back in April of 2007. It has the 225 slant six ( out of my Dad's 67 GT Convertible ) with the auto on the floor. The slant six was rebuilt several years ago and hasn't had too many miles put on it since then ( I'm not sure how many, but it wasn't driven much afterwards in my Dad's car nor has it been driven much in my car ). I have added power steering and power disc brakes. I swapped the whole front suspension with a 73 Dart ( large bolt pattern, disc brakes, etc. ). I replaced the top 2 winters ago (it has the glass back window). The rims are also about 2 years old. My mom redid the seats ( see the pics ) this past winter. At the same time I added new carpet. The kick panels have speakers in them ( the kick panels were made specifically with the speakers, it looks very good ). The interior could use a little more help to make it look really good. There is some rust in the quarters and on the driver side rocker panels but the floors and rails appear to be very solid. The previous owner did some bondo work on the doors that is cracking now, but I do have replacement doors off of a 68 that goes with it. I also have some other misc. parts that can go with the car including a complete ralley trim and guages ( I started painting the bezels but have had time to complete them ). I am located in Nampa, Idaho and am asking $8000 obo. I might consider a partial trade for a Demon, but that is about it. I will take and post more pics tomorrow.

In the trunk I have a left side barn yard door vent thing ( the part that goes under the dash ), good condition black armrests, a new emergency brake handle, the carpet to go around the center console, the jack and some other misc. parts. The power top goes up and down smoothly. Please ask any questions you may have.

It shot of the inside of the trunk lid shows the original green that the car was, it was repainted by the previous owner. I had been thinking about either burnt orange or gun metal grey. I can try to get more pics if needed. I didn't get a chance to wash it before taking the pics but it still cleans up nicely.

I want a convertible petty bad, good luck with the sale, little out of my price range...

Not in my budget, either. Looks as though it has a lot of potential for the right Buyer.
I see you have the manual foot pump for your windshield washer fluid, too. For whatever reason I get a chuckle out of the choice Dodge/Chrysler made to do that on these cars.

$7500 obo or partial trade...I really need the money guys so feel free to make an offer...

I wish you could kind a way to keep it. I am a teacher and got fired here in Alabama due to a student accusing me of slapping him. The Bd. of Ed. caved at the mother's threat of lawsuit, even though when I had my day in court I was exonerated of all charges as the boy was shown to be lying. I am looking for a different type of work for now as the school year had begun in early August and I was unable with short notice to find a position. I will not sell my car that I have worked on for 10 years. Period. I will be listing a bunch of unnecessary stuff on craigslist to raise a little cash as well as we are having a yard sale. Car ain't going yet! I am praying for you and your wife and family. David

Thanks David! I always said that I'd never sell my car but looking at the amount of debt we have I don't see too many other options. I am selling lots of other misc. parts I have laying around in the hopes that I can get some cash together and pay off some bills and won't need to sell my Dart but I dont know...

Move to CA and get a teaching job. Youll never get fired, even if you DO get caught slapping a kid. Teachers union runs the state. I hope you can get things stabelized. I was on the bubble a few years ago and squeaked through with my car still in my garage, giving up cable TV wasn't that hard and saved over $100 a month.

We'd drop the cable but it is bundled with our interenet and I've got to have the internet for school...

We'd also consider a partial trade for an older Dodge pickup/ramcharger ( automatic and preferably 4WD)

Feel free to make offers

I've had some people interested but they all seem to trail off....

I really need the cash guys so anyone who is really interested please contact me!

Thanks guy!

Rich

$7000...kind of getting close to the point where I won't be paying off enough debt to justify selling it if I go much lower...

$7000...kind of getting close to the point where I won't be paying off enough debt to justify selling it if I go much lower...

you should keep it...... the price is double what its worth....... You asked in a previous post if we thought it was to high..... just my 2 cents......It is a sweet ride...... sorry you have to sell......

I would love to keep it, but its hard to justify having it when I am late on payments and such...

good news is though that my wife found out of Friday that she got a teaching position, we are still working out the details ( salary, benefits, etc. ), but it is definetly a good sign.

So, things are starting to look up, not great, but looking up. I really need to get a good commuter car ( ie an a body with a slant six ). So, I'm opening up the partial trades to demons and dart sports. Let me know if you are interested ( but if all goes will over the next couple of weeks I won't need to sell it at all :D )

Thanks guys!

I'm also going to be listing my 01 Dodge Ram 1500 Extended Cab 4WD w/ 75000 miles for sale soon. I will post pics as soon as I can.

I'm going to try to list the car on eBay this weekend but would much rather sell it to someone on here...

$5500

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back