1969 Dodge Dart GTS

-
I need new insert stickers that say "340 four barrel" Year One wants 49 bucks each. I am making mine in Photoshop and will print them on my printer with sticker paper. I also need the plastic piece that goes over them and the clear plastic piece that covers the guages BE&A wants 110 bucks for dash piece. I am going to go to TAP plastics today and see if they can make me these pieces. I will post pics later. I am trying to do this today. I already recreated the 340 insert in PS and it looks good. I am going to clean it up some more though.

Attachments

• 340_Insert.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 789
The ones they offer now are not as good as the ones offered previously... then new ones do not have 2 pins that go through holes in callout ... that you can melt down with soldering iron ... new ones you have to used 2 way tape :(

The ones they offer now are not as good as the ones offered previously... then new ones do not have 2 pins that go through holes in callout ... that you can melt down with soldering iron ... new ones you have to used 2 way tape :(

Yeah I am pondering how I will stick them without the posts? I may just use spray adhesive? Not sure yet. Either way I should be able to make the stickers for the price of the sticker paper and half hour in PS.

It is a stripe delete car but I am going to put a black stripe on it

Don't do it! Keep the strip delete brotherhood strong! (OK, I have to admit I like the stripe...... but didn't do it on mine)

Attachments

• PICT0006.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 783
Don't do it! Keep the strip delete brotherhood strong! (OK, I have to admit I like the stripe...... but didn't do it on mine)

Nice car. Yeah mine is white and the stripe will make the car pop, I think. It may be too boring without it. I am still really thinking about painting the car black too. Most likely won't but it is tempting.

I vote stripe LOL .. but then I am biased.. My Dart left the factory without a stripe... but I just love the way the tail stripes look.. I knew I had to have one on there..

So I went to TAP plastics and they made me the acrylic pieces I needed in like 5 mins and cost of $3.50 I got some really good double sided tape so the total was $13.50. I made my insert stickers in Photoshop and printed them on Sticker Photo paper. They look pretty close not perfect but close enough. They will look alot better when they are covered with the acrylic. The clear backing for the new dash speedo bezel I just need to trim and drill the holes for it then I can stick it on with the double sided tape he sold me. The insert clear covering I have to file to fit but should be easy.

A total of $23 and driving and time instead of $220 for the speedo bezel clear piece and the insert stickers and clear covers.

Attachments

• IMG_2671.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_2672.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 767
Got them done. They look pretty good I think. The speedo dash bezel came out perfect for $1.50. This is probably not that interesting but I had fun doing it and saved a little money in the process.

Attachments

• IMG_2673.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 758
  • IMG_2675.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_2676.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 778
  • IMAG0356.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 787
Masked and painted my dash today. Came out pretty good I think.

Attachments

• IMG_2659.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_2662.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 763
  • IMG_2658.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 782
  • dash.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 691
  • dash_1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 743
I have got to do something about my dash pad. It isn't that banged up but the balck is faded. Any ideas? I was thinking of trying some armorall and see if I can get some color back.

I have got to do something about my dash pad. It isn't that banged up but the balck is faded. Any ideas? I was thinking of trying some armorall and see if I can get some color back.

sounds like you are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. You painted the dash, get some black spray dye for vinyl and paint it. Might be hard to get the front even but you could remove it and make it easier to dye.

There are 6 or so nuts to remove from the back to take the pad off.

wish it were my car

you said you might paint it black, there is a thriple black 70 or 71 I've seen lately in Greenwood at the SUD's that looks great, but the more you take it from orginal or the cost to return to orginal will affect the value in case you ever want to sell

sounds like you are willing to do what it takes to get the job done. You painted the dash, get some black spray dye for vinyl and paint it. Might be hard to get the front even but you could remove it and make it easier to dye.

There are 6 or so nuts to remove from the back to take the pad off.

wish it were my car

you said you might paint it black, there is a thriple black 70 or 71 I've seen lately in Greenwood at the SUD's that looks great, but the more you take it from orginal or the cost to return to orginal will affect the value in case you ever want to sell

Yeah I was thinking about some vinyl paint. Is it hard to get the pad off with the dash in the car? I may take it off and paint it.

I know it will hurt the value of the car if I paint it black but I am not planning on selling it and black looks sooo good. HA!
Thanks.

Yeah I was thinking about some vinyl paint. Is it hard to get the pad off with the dash in the car? I may take it off and paint it.

I know it will hurt the value of the car if I paint it black but I am not planning on selling it and black looks sooo good. HA!
Thanks.
Not hard at all since you have the dash apart anyway you will be able to feel the two bolts on the end and the four nuts in the field. I believe they are either 1/4" or 5/16"

If you don't plan to sell or don't care about value paint it what ever color you want. Those cars look great in black.

Hey Rob, Can you do the same thing with the insert for the tail panel? Those are really hard to come by.

I have a new sticker for the rear panel that I could scan and copy. The problem is what to print it on. It is like a foil type sticker. I am not sure where to get the material. The Photoshop stuff is pretty easy to do though. Any ideas of where I would get the correct material?

Not hard at all since you have the dash apart anyway you will be able to feel the two bolts on the end and the four nuts in the field. I believe they are either 1/4" or 5/16"

Cool that is the plan then. I will get the pad off and either replace it or paint it. Thanks.

I have a new sticker for the rear panel that I could scan and copy. The problem is what to print it on. It is like a foil type sticker. I am not sure where to get the material. The Photoshop stuff is pretty easy to do though. Any ideas of where I would get the correct material?

Tach is out of town at the moment and I believe he found the correct material in SSF . I will check with him when he returns and let you know.

Tach is out of town at the moment and I believe he found the correct material in SSF . I will check with him when he returns and let you know.

Yeah let me know. We would have to have them sent out to be printed b/c I don't think my ink jet will cut it? I could make the PS file and source a printer.

I need new insert stickers that say "340 four barrel" Year One wants 49 bucks each. I am making mine in Photoshop and will print them on my printer with sticker paper. I also need the plastic piece that goes over them and the clear plastic piece that covers the guages BE&A wants 110 bucks for dash piece. I am going to go to TAP plastics today and see if they can make me these pieces. I will post pics later. I am trying to do this today. I already recreated the 340 insert in PS and it looks good. I am going to clean it up some more though.

Im in for a set of those!!! lol/Let me know if you decide to make a few more. Very cool...:glasses7:
Guess I just need to sit down and make a set on my Corel program.
Let me know if you saved your template...would save alot of time and Id owe you!
Also- how did you get them to cut the plastic? Did you trace the area and just bring them the shape you needed? How thick was the material and what did you use to secure it to the callout bezel?
Thanks! DC

Thanks

Im in for a set of those!!! lol/Let me know if you decide to make a few more. Very cool...:glasses7:
Guess I just need to sit down and make a set on my Corel program.
Let me know if you saved your template...would save alot of time and Id owe you!
Also- how did you get them to cut the plastic? Did you trace the area and just bring them the shape you needed? How thick was the material and what did you use to secure it to the callout bezel?
Thanks! DC

Thanks

Hey, I sent you a PM. I have some extras.

Here are pics of the extras. $30 shipped is what I want. They take awhile to make and the time it took me to recreate all of it.

Attachments

• IMG_2677.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_2678.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 662
I got the dash pad off today and sealed the cracks and painted it. Man it looks good now. I thought about 225 for a new one but I am on a budget.

Attachments

• IMG_2683.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 675
  • IMG_2684.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 675
-
Back