1969 Dodge Dart Pro-Street 440

-
Let's make patches...

IMG_1174.JPG

Both patching done. Ready to star welding aluminum.... never did before so. Here we go

IMG_1179.JPG

I put two full stick of weld on these damn hole and they stil leak!!! Gerrrrrrrr

Strong welds but, I can't plug it air tight, I fill it with water and it just trickles out.

Oh well guess it's new gastank time

Dammit. I guess even master mechanics screw up sometimes

IMG_1180.JPG

Well I'll just drill them in the center and get ahead as far as I can. There's a car show on the 7 th I want to go to.

So here is how the tubes will run.

IMG_1181.JPG

Here where the one way valves will be. They will let air in he tank n not let fuel get out. Should work nicely since the roll over valves will be on their side now. Instead of on top, not ideal but it's what we have to work with.

IMG_1183.JPG

All installed and here are the little KandN filters sticking through the trunk. This way we don't suuck up all the crap on the ground

IMG_1190.JPG

With all the angle aluminum I had left over from trying to patch the gas tank I decided to fix the exhaust hangers. I cut two sections out of it and welded them togeather. My aluminum welding skills are solid,not great. The welds are super strong but not super pretty.

I'll keep practicing hahah

IMG_1184.JPG

Here is the bracket, I use 1000 grit, 1500 grit wet sand and then mothers aluninum polish and that's how I got that rough aluminum stock to a mirror shine.

Time to install and see how it looks.

IMG_1185.JPG

Here's the pass side. Not sure what happend... I know the car does not sit perfict or level but this exhaust sits about a inch to inch and a half lower then the driver side.

I need to read up on how to level a 4 link. Adjusting the from with the tortion bars is easy, just move the preload bolt. But the 4 link...

IMG_1187.JPG

Here where the one way valves will be. They will let air in he tank n not let fuel get out. Should work nicely since the roll over valves will be on their side now. Instead of on top, not ideal but it's what we have to work with.

View attachment 1715095311
roll over valves on their side? if u rolled over, what would close them ?

roll over valves on their side? if u rolled over, what would close them ?

Guess i did a bad job explaining them. The roll over valves are in the trunk floor now. They are only one way flow so the negative pressure in the tank will draw air into them and not let fuel out.

IMG_1199.JPG

Ok, old sender has the correct plugs but new sender has correct float... time to take both apart and make one good one!

IMG_1205.JPG

Bulkhead fittings installed in correct spot !

IMG_1206.JPG

All installed. Good to go. I like the black tank better then the polished one!

IMG_1208.JPG

At my 3rd car show. Won managers choice and best paint and graphics! For winning two trophies I got this bucked of car stuff!! Sick

IMG_1210.JPG

Got two new 2,000 cfm fans, pushers! To replace the pullers I have which are currently running in reverse.

Becool said yes I can drive the pullers that way but the pitch of the blades are not correct so the cfm will be ****. So we got the new pushers.

My next step, if the car still overheats while sitting still, is to put a water restrictor in the water pump housing. I’m not running a thermostat, A.) because I have no heater core so no heat for the car, B.) because if you don’t have one the car will run colder.

Bbbuutt the restrictor will will increase water velocity by decreasing volume, this gettinng the hot water out of the engine faster.

Well won’t it get through the rad faster too?

Yesss, but ever time I felt the rad when it’s over heating the top 1/4 is super hot and the rest is cold so I have room still.

Doesn’t that mean your rad is clogged?

No I don’t think so, I looked in the tanks and did not see any clogs and pulled the lower hose while running, she pushes with out a prob.

4CAAC4B9-D540-477A-97DD-0387567F3585.jpeg

Got two new pusher fans in the mail finally. How they solve the overheating problem. These are real pusher fans. Not just pullers I’m runnin backwards

47B3E801-845E-4590-90DA-D2DC615A9BA9.jpeg

1CA25DB9-8D52-4C69-80F8-CD2E038E9D90.jpeg

Also got the gss emblem for the hood. It’s a fender badge from the new 2017 challenger gss

86DDF3CD-C775-4C1C-A9A0-5E8E8123BEB2.jpeg

091DD325-BAE0-48DA-9783-7C1F435B9C60.jpeg

-
Back